Need Help Getting My G/F on target - Page 2

Need Help Getting My G/F on target

This is a discussion on Need Help Getting My G/F on target within the Basic Gun Handling & Safety forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Here's a reference chart for ya'... Error chart shooting image by GaryBF42 on Photobucket...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Help Getting My G/F on target

Here's a reference chart for ya'...
    Error chart shooting image by GaryBF42 on Photobucket
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Yes i agree that 642 has a significant recoil and it wasnít bought for a fun day at the range. We bought it for her or me but mostly her to carry (we both have our canceled weapon permits) and when we went out thatís just when i noticed that she was doing this. I forgot to mention that before my fault. The last time she went out shooting with me a few months back she was a much better shot, not making 3" groups or anything of that nature but everything was hitting the target. That was with a Taurus .22. I know that this was a big jump from a .22 to a 38 air lite. I really want to get her a s&w 686 she has shot that befor and really enjoyed it . That will just be a matter of time and money for that now.

Iíve also started looking into getting her into a professional class, having someone else teach her and get some good motor skills for her. I really never even though about her not responding to me well until every mentioned it

I teach all the time, but had to get coworker to teach my wife and daughter. You are doing the right thing and believe me, you will spare yourself and gf alot of headache. Once again, good decision.

Quote Originally Posted by J0eyg86 View Post
    Yes i agree that 642 has a significant recoil and it wasnít bought for a fun day at the range. We bought it for her or me but mostly her to carry (we both have our canceled weapon permits) and when we went out thatís just when i noticed that she was doing this. I forgot to mention that before my fault. The last time she went out shooting with me a few months back she was a much better shot, not making 3" groups or anything of that nature but everything was hitting the target. That was with a Taurus .22. I know that this was a big jump from a .22 to a 38 air lite. I really want to get her a s&w 686 she has shot that befor and really enjoyed it . That will just be a matter of time and money for that now.

Iíve also started looking into getting her into a professional class, having someone else teach her and get some good motor skills for her. I really never even though about her not responding to me well until every mentioned it
    Bummer, what did ya do wrong?
    ďThe Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.Ē

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

My groups were consistently low left. Mine was too little trigger finger. Is she using just the pad of the finger or is she using the entire end of the finger on the trigger? When I started putting the trigger closer to the first joint than the tip of the finger the majority of that low left went away. I was shooting a DA/SA semi auto with a long trigger pull too. Switching to a Glock fixed the rest. Basically, if she is just using the pad of the finger she is using her wrist muscles to help pull the trigger. This forces the hand to roll over to the left. It forces the point of aim low and left. Make sense? Take a pistol, clear it, and intentionally use just the tip of the finger and watch what your wrist does.

This might not be her problem, but something to look for. Combine this with flinching and you will get some wild shots.

What I had to learn is that shooting a rifle and pistol are very different. I barely use any finger when shooting a rifle.

Also try to get her to focus on pulling the trigger finger as straight back as possible. You naturally want to curl the finger instead of pulling it straight back.

Good luck.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Classic recoil anticipation and "fear" thereof.

I agree with oneshot below:

you need to get her a heavy revolver with regular ball ammo to shoot ; no Hopped up stuff ie;+p or the like.
    I am also a fan of snap caps. When a person is dry firing they know a round is not going to discharge. When a person is standing at the range with a mixture of live rounds and snap caps, they really get to see and experience with their own eyes and body just what their anticipation is doing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links