Made me very nervous :/

This is a discussion on Made me very nervous :/ within the Basic Gun Handling & Safety forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Maybe you should tell his soon to be father in law what an idiot he is and how he is recklessly pointing a loaded firearm ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Made me very nervous :/

Maybe you should tell his soon to be father in law what an idiot he is and how he is recklessly pointing a loaded firearm at people,If It was me he woulda been talking to the cops,something tells me there might even be something in his background that would prevent any legal gun ownership
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    TOOL

TOOL

TOOL

stay away from this guy as much as possible, if required due to family obligations....don't talk guns/gun stuff around him lest he start talking or acting stupid and possibly escalating things

if he ever speaks of having or getting a gun from a room, etc.....get you and yours outta there
    tell him straight up his behavior is concerning and dangerous and you don't want anything to do with him if he has a gun until he changes his attitude towards and with firearms and knows rules safety and safe gun handling
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

I got a kick out of the title that you gave this guy. You said he was your future-half-brother-in-law. Maybe you should add one more prefix and change it to, "future-ex-half-brother-in-law" because at the rate that he is going I doubt he'll be around much longer.
    "Surely the preservation and enjoyment of the freedoms vouchsafed to us by the Constitution of the United States will require eternal vigilance even to the guarding of it with our lives. We must ever keep faith with our founding fathers by keeping faith with our Constitution."

A bad driver plus a show off with a crappy gun equals a bad case of road rage where someone could be killed.My advice would be to drop the idiot like a hot rock. Maybe he will grow up if he dose not kill someone first.

DM2
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Maybe you should tell his soon to be father in law what an idiot he is and how he is recklessly pointing a loaded firearm at people,If It was me he woulda been talking to the cops,something tells me there might even be something in his background that would prevent any legal gun ownership
    I agree with this 100%. I would tell his soon-to-be father-in-law and I'd probably report the child endangerment issue with the toddler. Also, have you discussed this issue with your parents. I'm sure if your parents knew about this nut-case, they would demand that you stay away from him, and rightly so.

As a minor yourself, you do not have any business around someone so reckless and irresponsible. Him being "family" has nothing to do with it. He's your girlfriend's family not yours. If something were to happen to you, your real family will be devastated.

You seem like a smart young man. Now use your smarts and make the choice to stay away from him. That is the smartest thing you can do. What would you have done if he had suddenly turned around and pointed that gun at you. Loaded or not, it would not have been a pleasant position to be in.

Finally, in the words of Forest Gump....Stupid is as stupid does. Your continuing to be in this clown's company can only end in trouble if not death. When you know better you do better.
    DM2
    "I did the thing I feared the most. Excuse me while I cheer. Now here I stand a stronger soul and all I lost was fear." ...Anonymous

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar

Last Resort

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    He shouldn't have that weapon, and you and your girlfriend should steer clear of him.
    And if she doesn't steer clear of him or wanna listen, dump her and I mean dump her fast.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    And once you turn 21, seek professional firearms training and get a gun, and if you can, get a carry permit, in case you run into him again.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Do not walk away, RUN! And if your girlfriend has a problem with it (which she should not, seeing as she saw the way that ****** **** ** *** *** was behaving, and her life was in danger as well), well then, it is time for a new GF! You have a good head on your shoulders, KEEP IT THERE!

And Kudos to your Folks for raising you with respect for firearms, Too many do not!
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Run far far away and fast!! This idiot is going to get himself killed
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Maybe you should tell his soon to be father in law what an idiot he is and how he is recklessly pointing a loaded firearm at people
    The father in law lives in Texas after being kicked out once it became know that he sexually abused his children, those being my girlfriend and her sister (the fiancé).

My girlfriend and I have discussed guns a lot, because she doesn't believe I need to carry one but says she won't stop me once I turn old enough. She knows I will get my CCW and she does enjoy shooting, so in the future she will probably end up getting her CCW too. She was as cautious as I was with the gun and she doesn't even have safety knowledge of one. I told her some stuff a while back and she remembered it all in Indiana.

My girlfriend and I discussed this situation again today and I brought up another situation I read either here or elsewhere online where a husband handed his wife an empty gun (she did not know this), and she just turned and fired at him point blank in the chest assuming it was empty, showing no concern. My girlfriend was horrified by this story, which was actually pleasing to me. I am glad she realizes it was stupid, it means she will be careful with her weapon usage.

You can choose to avoid extended family, and you absolutely should avoid him at all cost. Folks are going to get hurt or die. Be sure to tell your GF and perhaps she should share his irresponsible behavior with her sister and her father. If my daughter were about to marry this idiot, me and him would have a long talk. Perhaps for a wedding present, buy him a good, easy-reading gun safety book (I'm sure folks here can give you some suggestions). The minute you said, "he kept 2 rounds for SD" I knew he had fallen out of the idiot tree and hit every limb on the way down. Unfortunately, you just can't fix stupid....but you can choose to avoid it.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Be afraid ... be very afraid. Something bad is going to happen with him and you don't want to be around!

If he ever says, "Hey, watch this," cover your ears and duck.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links