Safety Bullet?

Safety Bullet?

This is a discussion on Safety Bullet? within the Basic Gun Handling & Safety forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; I'd like everyone's honest opinion on this. No poll, I'm just finding my way around the site right now as it is. So copy and ...

Thread: Safety Bullet?

Safety Bullet?

I'd like everyone's honest opinion on this. No poll, I'm just finding my way around the site right now as it is. So copy and paste if you please in your replies. http://www.safetybullet.com/

Do you see a market for this product?

Do you foresee any problems or drawbacks with a product like this?

Would a product like this be something you would buy?

Do you think this product takes things in the wrong direction or away from what we already accept as those basic fundamentals in gun handling and safety practices?

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

It might be a good thing in some cases, especially with kids in the house but if you have kids in the house it's your responsibility to keep the weapon or weapons locked up where they cannot get to them which kind of nullifies the purpose of your safety bullet. Just my take on it....
    I wouldn't want to think of someone leaving a weapon laying around with safety bullets in it thinking it was safe for kids to find it.

Absolutely not, the last thing we need are more safety devices. What we need is more awareness and training of our youth as well as responsibility.

I would forget about the thing. I would hear... click... and then the bg would get a good laugh while I jammed the plastic rod down the barrel of my jammed gun.
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    No no no no no no no.

Anyone see Blackhawk down? "This is my safety" (flexes trigger finger).

When I'm home, the gun is locked up, when im not, it is on me. My son never has access, and when he does, he has already been taught not to touch it without me (he is 5)... and since the gun is always with me, no intruder will have access to it.

I see this product as an unnecessary point of failure on your EDC or home PDW.

Now, having said that, it occurs to me that, unlike me, there are quite a few users here who have more than just an EDC/PDW... for those with large collections, I could see this being a useful alternative to having a safe and trigger locks, however, I would personally prefer the locked versions.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Sorry, but I wouldn't want that in my in guns or in my house. If I want the chamber empty, I store the gun with the chamber empty. Imagine if you need the gun, in a hurry and you pull the trigger with the "Safety bullet" in it. I now have a bad hammer! If someone takes the gun and pulls the trigger, then I screwed up storage and handling of a firearm.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Oh dear...looks like a Daley will buy stock in this 1 just sayin.

Senior Moderator
    Not only totally useless, but actually dangerous if it generates an "it's OK to pull the trigger, I have a Safety Bullet™" in the chamber mentality. Followed shortly by an ND.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Someone at the NRA convention in St. Louis had a similar device, but not primer activated - reusable. Can't remember the name tho'.

I passed.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Someone at the NRA convention in St. Louis had a similar device, but not primer activated - reusable. Can't remember the name tho'.

I passed.
    Snap Caps.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    Not only totally useless, but actually dangerous if it generates an "it's OK to pull the trigger, I have a Safety Bullet™" in the chamber mentality. Followed shortly by an ND.
    Agreed, I keep my chamber in one of two conditions only, loaded or empty. I'm not adding a third condition.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Links