BAD: Man bleeds to death in theater parking lot from ND in car

This is a discussion on BAD: Man bleeds to death in theater parking lot from ND in car within the Basic Gun Handling & Safety forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Guy gets off work as security at a cinema and somehow shoots himself in the femoral artery and bleeds out before completing call to 911. ...

Guy gets off work as security at a cinema and somehow shoots himself in the femoral artery and bleeds out before completing call to 911. Wife gets worried when he doesn't show up at home and goes to look for him. She finds him in the parking lot of the theater.

Accidental gunshot caused man’s death, Marysville police believe

Please, please, please be careful people!

EDIT: Thanks for moving this here. I agree it fits better.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

Senior Moderator
    Bust that femoral artery and you have about two minutes in which to get right with the Creator.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

How does one possibly do this unless they're carrying without a holster or safety and keep stuff in the same pocket as the gun. Common sense people....

1. Disbelief
    2. Shock
    3. Loss of consciousness
    4. Exsanguination

~ Fini
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Tragic.
    I'm thinking an inexperienced guy with a new Glock. Wonder how we can learn the details?

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Veering OT a bit...

One of my former private security associates was sitting in his car, with his partner, in a high crime apartment complex. He sees a car pull up behind him. Two subjects step out of the car. He recognizes them as people he recently threw off of the property. They had threatened him. The driver had a gun in his hand and was now moving along the rear quarter panel. Ed felt that if he moved to draw his weapon from his holster he would be shot before getting in to the fight. Instead he surreptitiously reached down beside the seat and moved another semi-auto across his lap to the door panel, cocking it. The two subjects were now at the front doors. BG1 says, "I told you I was coming back to get you" as he begins to swing his arm to the front. Ed pops the door and shoves the door out, knocking BG1 to the ground and out of sight. He swings his left leg out and begins to exit the vehicle, leading with the weapon. Just then BG1 kicks the door back to Ed, striking the muzzle and pushing it down into his thigh, where it discharges. The BGs ran back to their car and took off. Ed was shot with a Glaser Safety Slug. By the grace of God the load missed his femoral but not by much. All the shot remained in his thigh with massive tissue damage. He went through months of surgery and therapy but eventually went back to work. Ed admits that cocking the weapon was an error that caused him to shoot himself in the leg. He was finger on and ready to shoot. There was just too little pressure needed on the trigger when that door came swinging back into him. Ed's experience sounds quite similar to the dead SO.

Of course the SO may have been unloading his weapon, diddling around, or faking an accident that was actually a suicide, or any of a number of other things. Could have been shot by someone else despite what the LEOs think.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Shame. Cannot stress SAFETY FIRST enough.

My gun stays holstered with safety on unless I remove it to my night table where it sits cocked and locked until I reholster it.Some people lapse in good gun handling skills and sometimes get severe consequences,my trigger finger stays straight out along the side of the frame until I'm ready to shoot
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by GotCBOB View Post
    How does one possibly do this unless they're carrying without a holster or safety and keep stuff in the same pocket as the gun. Common sense people....
    It obviously was not in a holster at the time of the ND. Perhaps he was 'unloading' after work?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

“The trajectory makes it impossible for someone else” to have shot the man, Lamoureux said. “Basically what we have is an accident.”
    Quote Originally Posted by GotCBOB View Post
    Hard to tell whether or how it was holstered. It may well have been an unwanted shot, but it wasn't exactly "accidental."

Whatever else can be said, had the gun been pointed in a safe direction it wouldn't have struck and killed him. Of course, in a theater parking lot it might well have struck someone else. Hard to be safe without a safe backstop.

Could have been carried on the job, but I am assuming that a security job at a theater doesn't come with being armed. Thus, it's likely he rearmed after arriving back at his car. Could have had no holster, or fumbled a reholstering by getting his finger or clothing hung up on the trigger. Won't likely know.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Veering OT a bit...

Of course the SO may have been unloading his weapon, diddling around, or faking an accident that was actually a suicide, or any of a number of other things. Could have been shot by someone else despite what the LEOs think.
    I don't think it could be this on account of the unfortunate individuals phone was set to dial 9-11, as stated here;

Quote;
    The man apparently tried to call for help.

A cell phone was found between his legs. It was dialed to 911 before he passed out, Lamoureux said.

“The trajectory makes it impossible for someone else” to have shot the man, Lamoureux said. “Basically what we have is an accident.”

UNLESS,,,,
    he really put a lot of effort into this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

That is sad. I can only imagine what his wife thought when she first saw him, poor woman. He must have been the absolute last one out of the building. It sounds like he was lying there for quite awhile.

Hmmm.....was he trying to unload his gun in the holster??
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Holy crap.... I know this dude!!

Not personally, but I know exactly who it is. This theater is less than a mile away from my house, and every time me and my girlfriend go out to see a movie, he is standing out in front.

Pretty sad, but just goes to show that one slip up is all it takes.

Links