Idiot people at the range slight rant.... - Page 2

Idiot people at the range slight rant....

This is a discussion on Idiot people at the range slight rant.... within the Basic Gun Handling & Safety forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Originally Posted by wolf88 Id have to say that just enforces my decision to not attend anymore indoor/public gun ranges it baffels my mind to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idiot people at the range slight rant....

Quote Originally Posted by wolf88 View Post
    Id have to say that just enforces my decision to not attend anymore indoor/public gun ranges it baffels my mind to think they would allow anyone to shoot in that condition.

I become unpopular with my friends when i refused to let them drink on my land and shoot trap i have just never felt that alcohol and firearms go together.
    I would do the same thing; I NEVER allow anyone near me to shoot while even slightly impaired.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

I quit going to public ranges many years ago...for just the reasons you observed.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I quit going to public ranges many years ago...for just the reasons you observed.
    Amen! Still might do the public range now and then since it's closer depending. Thing is.....get up and go before the idgets come out and work around closed days for hunting season. We have a good indoor range locally, but it costs per visit. Wife and I will do a 120 mile round trip drive and pay a yearly fee of $125 to the club just to get away from that sort of "crap". Club dues went up this year for range maintenance fees. No big deal in my book. They've made some great improvements and continue to offer some of the best of matches in the area. I/we have never had a bad experience with the club or at the range. A private club will generally uphold the basic rules and regulations, and the yearly cost will more than likely keep some of the others out. IMO....a private club or range is the way to go. Money well spent IMO. I'd hope you can find one in your area. Indoor ranges can be good in ways. I've personally used them a lot over the years, but the pros and cons seem to leave me with more cons than pros. My wife and I have shot many times outside in the rain, and never once wished we were doing it on an indoor range. Acclimate yourself to environmental conditions on the outside. Forget about idgets and an environmentally controlled range and sucking in toxic fumes.

Why do I always get the impression that these kinds of people have never shot and killed anything?
    Scared her boy? My butt!!! What about scared ME? I really prefer to keep on living, thanks! I've seen first hand what a .22 can do to a raccoon -- I'd rather it not happen to me!
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Quote Originally Posted by Tala View Post
    Why do I always get the impression that these kinds of people have never shot and killed anything?
    Scared her boy? My butt!!! What about scared ME? I really prefer to keep on living, thanks! I've seen first hand what a .22 can do to a raccoon -- I'd rather it not happen to me!
    As much as id love to play tough guy and say i wasn't scared by the time i got to my truck my hands would not stop shaking, just having a muzzle at your chest is really not something i ever want to happen again.

Ive seen a 22 go through a old fridge door and not exit guess what it does, it bounces around inside making mashed intestines not my idea of a good afternoon.
    IGNORANT=NEEDS EDUCATION

STUPID=WELL YOU CANT FIX THEM ALL

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    And what so bad about your experience? Last time I went to the public range, a guy shot himself thru the palm! At least it was his own hand.

And that one run-on sentence has to be a Guiness record.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf88 View Post
    I went to our local range on sunday afternoon as i walk to the check in counter i notice a very large group of people standing at the counter not all the odd except there was 15 asian people that spoke no english with one lady that could except for it taking forever for them to get checked in (45 min i would of left but i live 30 min away so i figured why not wait) i was happy that they were taking an intrest in shooting untill i got the lane right next to them.. they had rented a m&p in 22lr and they did receive a demo how to use it...To the point now they begin shooting and no problems until it jams and they dont know how to clear it i notice whats going on and show them the proper way to clear it and verify its ready to go again well it jams again with a different kid and instead of laying it down pointg down range he proceeds to muzzle evey one there along with me with his good ole booger hooker on the triger as its pointing at me at about high chest i didnt even think i grabbed the barrel pulled up and then down range i yelled a few choice words told them not to touch the rifle or anything else till i left packed my stuff up and left about halfway through my shoot time now that i was in the lobby the english speaking lady came out and precided to try and dress me down for scaring one of "her" boys i didnt feel the need to stand there and yell back like an idioti simply paid my bill and told the guy at the counter im all for everyone learning to shoot and owning guns but maybe when its obvious they dont know how to shoot someone who does should go in with them and TEACH them..sorry just my rant i dont feel i over reacted but did I?? just wonderin and i guess im only going to ranges with a range officer now im done with that crap.
    Much worse than that. I witnessed some student dry-fire his snubbie pointing at the show room next door while he was waiting for his gun safety class at the waiting room. Witnessing him what he did, I snatched his revolver and embarrassed him in front of everyone while he looked at me in shock of what I did. The staff, and most of them know me as a regular customer there, saw what the commotion was and I told them exactly what he did. And guess what? He got kicked out of class and got what he deserved for his flagrant disregard for others' safety. Better him getting kicked out of the gun safety class than negligently taking a life or damaging property. If he wanted to dry-fire, he should do it at home or downrange at the range, not in the waiting room.

I saw a similar group in a range once. Groups like that are very dangerous, IMO. Made me very nervous when 3 were all packed into the same stall trying to load one gun. I avoid indoor at all costs, although with a 6 month winter here I have to practice sometimes. I would have left too, actually if I ever see a group like you saw I'm not even going in.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman23 View Post
    I saw a similar group in a range once. Groups like that are very dangerous, IMO. Made me very nervous when 3 were all packed into the same stall trying to load one gun. I avoid indoor at all costs, although with a 6 month winter here I have to practice sometimes. I would have left too, actually if I ever see a group like you saw I'm not even going in.
    I do not let winter weather get in the way of me using the outdoor range. Unless it is snowy or icy weather, I shoot in the cold. I have my winter range jacket, wool cap, and handwarmers to keep me warm. Shooting in the winter, I feel, builds mental toughness as well as test how well your gun remains reliable under cold conditions.

I was at an indoor range in Md a few years back, long story short two guys had their target at the 3 yard mark and one of them emptied a high cap 9mm and didn't even hit the 2'x4' paper never mind the target. Can you guess which way He was holding the pistol ? I like shooting in the winter also, most of the time you have the range to yourself.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links