Death in my neighborhood today

This is a discussion on Death in my neighborhood today within the Basic Gun Handling & Safety forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; This afternoon SWMBO and I were outside playing with the kids when we hear sirens and soon after the local LEO helicopter is overhead orbiting. ...

Thread: Death in my neighborhood today

Death in my neighborhood today

This afternoon SWMBO and I were outside playing with the kids when we hear sirens and soon after the local LEO helicopter is overhead orbiting. We live near two jails, a prison, and numerous detention, juvenile offender, work release, and drug treatment facilities so we figure maybe an escape of some kind is in progress. Condition orange, but no big deal, a stranger will stand out on our dead end street.

Find out today a man on the next street died of what appears to be a "cleaning his gun" gunshot wound. SWMBO works for 911 and saw the call at work tonite for the medical examiner.

Please lets all take an extra minute to remember to be safe, this is a close to home hit for me.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

2. Remove Ads

What is with the spate of gun deaths from "cleaning" lately??? This is at least the third one posted since the new year began.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    What is with the spate of gun deaths from "cleaning" lately??? This is at least the third one posted since the new year began.
    'Spring cleaning' perhaps? Sounds like people who are too comfortable and not following the four safety rules.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    From a journalistic point, it used to be that "cleaning a gun" was a euphemism for suicide. I do not know if that is still the case in some publications.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Links