Crimson Trace

Crimson Trace

This is a discussion on Crimson Trace within the Basic Gun Handling & Safety forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Because of some posts in another thread concerning "sweeping" I deceided to conduct a experiment. Since the only gun I own with CT grips is ...

Thread: Crimson Trace

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar

Crimson Trace

Because of some posts in another thread concerning "sweeping" I deceided to conduct a experiment.
    Since the only gun I own with CT grips is a 642 it became my mule. Using a wiretie to activate the laser on the UNLOADED gun I proceded to draw from every IWB holster and location I own. The locations included almost all the o'clocks, SOB,crossdraw,shoulder, and ankle.

Guess what? With every location except one I "swept" myself in various degrees. The only one that didn't allow the beam to touch any part of my body...ankle.

Not a very scientific test I know, but what say you?

Not a very scientific test I know, but what say you?
    Keep practicing your muzzle awareness.

I really don't see a problem with your findings as you should never have your finger on the trigger while drawing the gun and it is impossible to draw a gun from most positions without doing that. Also, most of the time guns are sweeping your body while in the holster....nothing you can do about that.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links