Trial proceedings on INSession (TruTV) right now

This is a discussion on Trial proceedings on INSession (TruTV) right now within the Basic Gun Handling & Safety forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; RE: During a 2008 LE sanctioned event in MA, an 8 yr old boy accidently killed himself while firing an automatic weapon. I believe they're ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dennis1209

Thread: Trial proceedings on INSession (TruTV) right now

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

RE: During a 2008 LE sanctioned event in MA, an 8 yr old boy accidently killed himself while firing an automatic weapon. I believe they're charging the chief LE (Edward Fluery) who organized this event with manslaughter.

Yea, I've been watching some of it on TruTV. What a tragedy. Well, I'll probably get reamed, drilled and grilled for my opinion on here, but... Based on the information I currently have, I don't think anyone should be charged with a crime! It was an accident, if anything it was a lack of over sight and a bad decision on the part of the father. I think the Sheriff's shooting program is an excellent idea. As tragic as it is, accidents can and do happen regardless of all the precautions taken. The mini machine gun slipped off his shoulder and the continued recoil drove the barrel to his head. This heart breaking tragedy will no doubt trigger more gun laws for youth training programs and more fodder for the Brady campaign. Make no mistake, my heart goes out to that little boy and his family. But tragic accidents happen.
    joker1 likes this.

I totally agree w/ Dennis. Accidents do happen, even with parents, instructors, etc around. The fact that the father gave permission for this child to shoot a weapon it should free all others from the accident. No one should be charged with a crime, because there wasn't one. Blondie

Sponsored Links