BB gun for Christmas.

BB gun for Christmas.

This is a discussion on BB gun for Christmas. within the Basic Gun Handling & Safety forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; My cousin got a bb gun from Santa, and walked over with it yesterday morning (all of 500 feet down the road). His mom told ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jdivence

Thread: BB gun for Christmas.

BB gun for Christmas.

My cousin got a bb gun from Santa, and walked over with it yesterday morning (all of 500 feet down the road). His mom told him he had to get lessons from me before he could shoot. So we started by reading and then discussing all the safety rules. Then reviewed the operation of the bb gun. I went over with him sight picture and trigger pull for accuracy. Then reviewed safety again. Then we hit the back yard. He did well with a pop can, but the most important thing is we did not have any safety rule violations. It is alway great to see young shooters learning our craft and learning to do it safely.
    shockwave and chrisdridley like this.
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

You are a great neighbor, and you just got an admirer for life too.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Lead Moderator
    It's great to see that you are taking the time to start a young shooter out on the right and safe path!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Good for you! Good for him also.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by jdivence View Post
    My cousin got a bb gun from Santa, and walked over with it yesterday morning (all of 500 feet down the road). His mom told him he had to get lessons from me before he could shoot. So we started by reading and then discussing all the safety rules. Then reviewed the operation of the bb gun. I went over with him sight picture and trigger pull for accuracy. Then reviewed safety again. Then we hit the back yard. He did well with a pop can, but the most important thing is we did not have any safety rule violations. It is alway great to see young shooters learning our craft and learning to do it safely.

that's awesome. congradulations to both of yall. i got my 6 yr old cousin his first bb gun this christmas. a daisy red ryder. havent gave it to him yet still waiting a few more days to head to alabama on leave. i'm really looking forward to teaching him how to safely shoot a firearm.
    "A PERSON WHO LEGALLY CARRIES A CONCEALED FIREARM IS THE BEST ASSET FOR ANY COMMUNITY, THEY DETER CRIMES BEFORE THEY EVER HAPPEN."

"I CHOOSE TO CARRY TO PROTECT THE PEOPLE I LOVE FROM THE MONSTERS IN THE WORLD. WHEN I AM NOT AROUND THEM I CHOOSE TO CARRY SO THAT I MAY RETURN TO THEM."

Remember that part in "A Christmas Story" when Darren Mcgavin's character spots the Red Rider BB Gun behind the desk? That's how my dad presented me with my first Daisy, but he did it years before that movie came out. AND....I almost shot my eye out.

Cheers to good gun safety!!!
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

My brother and I got BB guns when we were 9 years old.

My brother waited for my parents to go somewhere, and promptly shot me in the butt with his BB gun. Sometime after that, he decided to completely, and I mean COMPLETELY disassemble his BB gun to clean it. He lost a few of the smaller pieces, and that was the end of his BB gun.

He's 40 now, and I don't think he's gotten any better.

Sponsored Links