Accidental Disharge at Church - Page 3

Accidental Disharge at Church

This is a discussion on Accidental Disharge at Church within the Basic Gun Handling & Safety forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Sometimes I save quotes from the most unlikely of people. Underwood played for the Patriots and was cut 2 days before the Super Bowl. The ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Accidental Disharge at Church

Sometimes I save quotes from the most unlikely of people. Underwood played for the Patriots and was cut 2 days before the Super Bowl. The biggest game of his life. This is what he said:
    “This Is Nothing But MOTIVATION,” Underwood tweeted. “I Been Thru A LOT...But There Are people In This World with More Serious Problems So I can’t Hang The Head....Thank You Lord #Blessed.”
    Just makes you remember what is important. This poor girls did nothing and may die. I am thank ful for everything we have and will pray for her.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Sadly, I would consider it a miracle if the girl makes a full recovery, let alone survives.
    Last edited by Hoganbeg; February 13th, 2012 at 10:10 PM.

There is Nothing "accidental" about this. There is no excuse whatsoever for showing someone your firearm at church or any other public place.

There is no way this "accident" happens except when this moron needs to show off his big bad gun so badly, that he can't even wait for church to get out. Not only that, he has to give his audience a manly thrill by dry-firing. What kind of idiot does that? There can be no quarter given to this fool.

He knew there were bullets in the mag. He put them there.
    He knew the mag was in the gun when he racked the slide. He put it in.
    He knew there was a bullet in the chamber. He racked the slide.
    He knew that pulling the trigger would fire the gun. Florida requires a firing demonstration.

"ooooh I forgot" just doesn't cut it. That's a covenant you make when you choose to own a firearm. If you can't pony up to that, sell your guns you don't deserve to own them. This discharge is as deliberate as if he pulled the trigger on purpose. Whoops. He did.

Responsible firearm owners should be right at the forefront of the lynch mob, using NRA branded rope. No one, save the family and congregation, should be more outraged by this act of wanton, deliberate negligence.

Quote Originally Posted by hoghunter84 View Post
    I work with Hanna and Dustin. They are wonderful kids. The guy showing off is a 46 year old security guard and should know better. Having a gun is a great responsibility and taking one to show and tell around the youth group at a church isn't the place for it.

I was at the hospital yesterday and heard the bullet entered the back of her head and stopped just short of her forehead. Just praying Hanna makes it thru.
    Oh my. Sorry this has happened and my (our) thoughts and prayers are with you and all involved.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Very sad this girl is fighting for her life. This moron should never have had a CCW license in the first place. Unacceptable.

I work with Hanna and Dustin. They are wonderful kids. The guy showing off is a 46 year old security guard and should know better. Having a gun is a great responsibility and taking one to show and tell around the youth group at a church isn't the place for it.

I was at the hospital yesterday and heard the bullet entered the back of her head and stopped just short of her forehead. Just praying Hanna makes it thru.
    Hoghunter84, Please keep us updated with her status..

UPDATE:

Had a company wide meeting today in two country's (US & Thailand) praying at the same time at 11:30 EST for Hanna and family. Hanna had the bullet removed Sunday evening and she made progress last night and is still alive. Took over two hours to perform the procedure. The docs gave her a 1% chance of survival. Today she was blinking her eyes so there is sign of brain function. She is, however, in a coma at this time. All other vital signs are perfect. Her brain is very swollen and they are waiting for it to subside.

Every moment I think about her and all involved, I hope and pray for healing and strength.

Simple carelessness, someone needs to be held responsible, in some way, shape, or form.OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I'm confident in speaking for everyone reading this when I ask you to extend the thoughts and prayers of all of us here to the victim, her family, congregation and friends.

^^^^YEP^^^^^WORDS^^^^^^^^^^^

Fail me.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Sad story. Criminally Negligent Homicide if the girl dies. Prayers for victim and her family.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I just can't find the word's... Other than 100 % avoidable!!! May the healing hand of our Lord reach out and touch Hannah, and bring a presence of peace, and comfort to her family!!!
    l1a1 likes this.
    "I never want to be put in a position where I have to use my side arm, but put me there and use it I will"...

yikes!!!!!!!!!

Since incidents like this seem to keep repeating themselves, I'm wondering if the reason that people think these guns are empty when they drop the magazine is because they aren't in the habit of carrying with one in the chamber. That's still not an excuse for clearing the weapon and visually checking the empty chamber. I'm just trying to figure out how three people can be looking at a gun and nobody bothers to clear the weapon.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

The title of this thread is wrong. It was not an "accidental discharge". It was a negligent discharge: There is a huge difference. The guy was handling a gun in an occupied building. He failed to clear the piece prior to showing the gun = negligent discharge.

It's a very sad thing this lady was critically injured.

UPDATE:

Had a company wide meeting today in two country's (US & Thailand) praying at the same time at 11:30 EST for Hanna and family. Hanna had the bullet removed Sunday evening and she made progress last night and is still alive. Took over two hours to perform the procedure. The docs gave her a 1% chance of survival. Today she was blinking her eyes so there is sign of brain function. She is, however, in a coma at this time. All other vital signs are perfect. Her brain is very swollen and they are waiting for it to subside.

Every moment I think about her and all involved, I hope and pray for healing and strength.
    Thanks for the update, what she has going for her is youth. I had a brain injury when I was 18 and it took 2 years before I was back to normal. If there is no paralysis hopefully the synaptic nerves can rewire themselves.

I have been praying for Hanna to be healed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links