This doesn't seem safe at all... - Page 3

This doesn't seem safe at all...

This is a discussion on This doesn't seem safe at all... within the Basic Gun Handling & Safety forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; ..................... ........... ... no, it seems i can not say anything nice...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: This doesn't seem safe at all...

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar

no, it seems i can not say anything nice
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

This guy has a well established reputation as a "tool!"
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"stupid, stupid, stupid" -Sgt Vince Carter

Have those stupid "risk your life" photos been found or posted anywhere?

This guy is best known for making stupid, elitist statements on Youtube videos. Watch "1911's Suck" and "All Guns Should be Glocks" for examples.

Do the Hokey Pokey and you turn your self around,who still teaches the High Sebrena?,this is not uncommon,We train like this,hostage in the chair,threats on either side,"Live Fire",trust your Teammates,they trust you! Now,I would NOT do this with a class full of students.

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    Do the Hokey Pokey and you turn your self around,who still teaches the High Sebrena?,this is not uncommon,We train like this,hostage in the chair,threats on either side,"Live Fire",trust your Teammates,they trust you! Now,I would NOT do this with a class full of students.
    And you are wearing body armor

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    I might do it if I knew well the shooters, and their talent levels, in front of me. I think that kind of training, the kind that really clomes closer to replicating major "danger stress", is good training.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Mr. Yaeger is an abject moron.

His training school must not have insurance based on his statements about how what he does is inherently not safe and that scientifically speaking there is no such thing as safety.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Did I see what I just saw? People do many things..and later they may they are stupid or admit that they werent the best things to do but WOW...
    GULP.....

Just..GULP is all I can say.
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

yes,plates are a nice option on these day's,and talk about a scary ride at first,and getting the first volunteer,we usually yell "I'll do it and shove the guy in front of us out".I'm suprised you have'nt done this in SOCOM suntzu.
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    And you are wearing body armor

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    yes,plates are a nice option on these day's,and talk about a scary ride at first,and getting the first volunteer,we usually yell "I'll do it and shove the guy in front of us out".I'm suprised you have'nt done this in SOCOM suntzu.
    We have done lots of things. Always with a risk assesment. And with some of the finest CQB guys in the world. Different scenarios in training involve ever increasing risk. I never said to put a limit on training. I am opposed to this training in this situation becasue:

1. No protection for the photographer-we always had protection
    3. Pics could be done remotely-if pics are needed that is what you do
    4. Train for realistic situations-this is not realistic. A BG kneeling next to a ?hostage? and you have to take a shot at 8' in a static enviroment. Realistic training you take with you and hone the skills back at your whatever. I hope to goodness these folks don't think this is a good idea. It puts bad thoughts into ones heads. "If I am trained to do it here, I can do it back at home"
    5. And no, we never trained stupidly. We trained realisticly with folks that were vetted for the job. Not IMO a grand stand stunt for the students. PM me if you want real scenarios that have value with "live" players. This thread is not for that.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by detroit9mm View Post
    This guy is best known for making stupid, elitist statements on Youtube videos. Watch "1911's Suck" and "All Guns Should be Glocks" for examples.
    His way of getting noticed. he does have a long creditial list. I will take a pass on any of his programs.

VIP Member
    Maybe he meant they were safe because everyone was shooting a 1911

Agree 100%,thats why I said I would'nt do this with a class full of students,is the perfect shot worth the risk,NIMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    We have done lots of things. Always with a risk assesment. And with some of the finest CQB guys in the world. Different scenarios in training involve ever increasing risk. I never said to put a limit on training. I am opposed to this training in this situation becasue:

1. No protection for the photographer-we always had protection
    3. Pics could be done remotely-if pics are needed that is what you do
    4. Train for realistic situations-this is not realistic. A BG kneeling next to a ?hostage? and you have to take a shot at 8' in a static enviroment. Realistic training you take with you and hone the skills back at your whatever. I hope to goodness these folks don't think this is a good idea. It puts bad thoughts into ones heads. "If I am trained to do it here, I can do it back at home"
    5. And no, we never trained stupidly. We trained realisticly with folks that were vetted for the job. Not IMO a grand stand stunt for the students. PM me if you want real scenarios that have value with "live" players. This thread is not for that.

VIP Member
    He could have set the camera on a tri pod and used a remote shutter controller. They even make a remote screen so the photographer would know when to snap the shutter. This guy is hell bent on giving us a "black eye"!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links