This doesn't seem safe at all...

This is a discussion on This doesn't seem safe at all... within the Basic Gun Handling & Safety forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; I saw this on another forum. Link to Site. I can't believe someone is going to sit downrange while people are firing guns at the ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: This doesn't seem safe at all...

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar

This doesn't seem safe at all...

I saw this on another forum.

Link to Site.

I can't believe someone is going to sit downrange while people are firing guns at the target a few feet away from them. Seriously.

And this guy is supposed to be a trainer. I disagree with his philosophy very much.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Disagree is an understatement.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Epic Fail.

VIP Member
    Yep.

Pretty stupid, but ,,,Oh well.
    The last sentence in the article summed it up well,
    From article;
    Maybe he’s not aware, but most camera’s come with remotes now that you can trigger the shutter with the press of a button. Life is cheap I guess

I equate this to something like bungee jumping, or sky diving.
    Yeah yeah, its supposed to be perfectly safe, but people have died doing it, which is needless.
    I can die on the freeway going to work, but unless I want to live at work with my family in tow, I HAVE to drive there.

I do not need to do something inherently dangerous, just for the sake of thrillseeking.
    These guys are one stage and trying to stand out in the crowd of personal defense trainers, by doing this, IMHO.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Very dangerous. Those BG silhouettes are entirely to close for the students to be spending all that time squinting down their sightlines. Point-and-shoot, folks, point-and-shoot.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Yep.

I equate this to something like bungee jumping, or sky diving.
    Yeah yeah, its supposed to be perfectly safe, but people have died doing it, which is needless.
    I can die on the freeway going to work, but unless I want to live at work with my family in tow, I HAVE to drive there.

I do not need to do something inherently dangerous, just for the sake of thrillseeking.
    These guys are one stage and trying to stand out in the crowd of personal defense trainers, by doing this, IMHO.
    Hey! Thrill seeking is fun I have way over 1500 jumps and still here. I am an instructor as well as my wife. Difference is when I jump I am in control of much of the variables. Quality rig, experience, maintain my rigs, pack them properly. You do not have control when you are just sitting there with a camera hoping nobody screws upp or there is not a weird richochett.

Not sure what was worse, the video or him trying to explain the video for being dumb.

Guns are safe stupid, its the idiot behind the trigger that isn't and in this case I see a whole pack of stupids in their native enviroment.

There is no way i'd be gassed by someones gun intentionally, Don't care how good of a shot you are.

Wow! That goes against all survival rules and instincts... Why would anyone risk it all just to show how "courageous" they are.

I hope his wife has a large insurance policy on him... If he is going to risk it all might as well get a great pay off!

Be Safe!
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Yeah, we pretty well ripped this up, right here on the Forum, when it came to light. Just an example of idiocy.

Link:Taking Pictures of Guns in Action
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Isn't this the same guy with the all guns should be glocks video. He is either really enamored with himself and thinks all these things he does are right or he is going to an extreme to get his name out there, maybe both makes no sense to me.

Ya can't fix stupid!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

They cameraman agreed to it and none of the students said no, so Yeager isn't the only idiot there. If it was Yeager taking the pics, then hey it's his company and his class so go for it, but using another person is pretty weak.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Yeah, we pretty well ripped this up, right here on the Forum, when it came to light. Just an example of idiocy.

What this gent said and then x10 for me....

It's the first time I've seen it, but that just seems so friggin irresponsible to me.. IMO, it just barely ranks above Russian roulette..
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Well, he just talked me out of attending any of his classes! Next thing, he'll have target holders who will catch your rounds so you don't miss any.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Darwin, call your office.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links