Bad: ND into neighbors townhouse

This is a discussion on Bad: ND into neighbors townhouse within the Basic Gun Handling & Safety forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Accidental discharge of gun, bullet lands in Oceanway home | News - Home As this story goes, this is the second ND into the homeowners ...

Thread: Bad: ND into neighbors townhouse

Bad: ND into neighbors townhouse

Accidental discharge of gun, bullet lands in Oceanway home | News - Home

As this story goes, this is the second ND into the homeowners house in as many years by the same neighbor...... and the Jacksonville SO can do nothing about it........?!?
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

2. Remove Ads

You can't blame the man after the second one there should be some kind of law to press to get the neighbor disarms because he seems to be a threat to others

Yikes...............

Man fights after bullet lands in home | News - Home

A follow-up to the orginal story, although not much more information. The homeowner is looking into getting an injunction filed if possible...and rightly so in this case. If he's successful that could have an inpact for gun owners in the future me thinks.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Its a civil and a not criminal matter.

I know plenty of people that have been involved in multiple car accidents. Cars get damaged, minimal or no personal damage, insurance money is paid, and EVERYONE KEEPS ON DRIVING indefinitely.
    We don't permanently pull drivers' licenses for simple accidents.
    How many DUI's and/or even major injuries/deaths can you cause before you lose your driver's license permanently? multiple suspensions?
    Think about it before you crucify this id1ot.

The dummy should be sentenced to a couple hundred hours of firearm safety training(like drivers training), fined for ND(like a speeding ticket), be forced to pay for all property damage(like normal property damage settlement), and confiscate all his firearm cleaning equipment(and/or smack him in the head). All his gun cleaning activities should be supervised at the local sheriff's office for a year or two(like a drivers license limited to a work commute or during certain hours of the day).

I'd wager that the fear of living next door to him(repeat ND) would also get some 'pain and suffering' settlement for that neighbor too. I know that I wouldn't be able to sleep if my half-wit neighbor was a gun owner. Maybe get the civil court lawsuit to force the neighbor to build a cinderblock or 1/2" steel firewall, on his side of the wall eating his square footage as punishment.

You can't punish excessively until a real SHTF scenario occurs and someone gets hurt. Whether its a firearm, a vehicle, or any tool that you use at work, the punishment should be similar. Would it be different if it was a nail from a nail gun, or a golf ball through an open door/window, or a golf club flying into your yard while you're bbq'ing, or a baseball bat, ball, or carpenters hammer tossed in anger, or......????? All could maim if they hit a person. All can cause property damage. But if they miss, its NO BIG deal.

You can't support this story and the biased media at all, which are trying to make a precedent to be used against you, especially with the number of unsafe guns that will fire when dropped, or when a bolt is closed, or when a safety is released...all while the trigger isn't being touched.

Is ND negligent discharge?

Quote Originally Posted by lyzgrace View Post
    Is ND negligent discharge?
    Yes!

I have seen several things that make me think. Accidents happen....repeated accidents shows someone doesn't learn from the first mistake. The idea of supervised "weapon cleaning" is not a bad idea for repeat offenders, but will it happen? Doubt it. Going to mandatory lessons on safety is a good one and that might be done. I also noticed from the news report....cutesy gun stickers on one's car is not quite so "cute" when they end up on TV camera.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

BTW When I use the term "repeat offender" I mean a idiot that offends all gun owners by repeating the same stupid mistake. I'm offended....how about you.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    sanity is needed here....perhaps with a side of common sense.

we, as a group shearing a common ground, do nor want more laws spelling out how we can act behind our front door--be it a castle or a condo.
    we already have rules to handle guns by, but lets face it, when we share walls we need to be even more so on top of our actions.
    mistakes ( which should be --zero--) that endanger others close by are unacceptable and this fellow has done it twice.

2 stikes & ur out.

most condo associations have rules and more rules fueled by his actions we do not need.
    but fall out, like what’s happening cause of Z-man, is inevitable
    nice would be if he voluntarily announced that he was henceforth storing his firearms off site. whether or not he actually does is not relevant.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Links