Another ND girl shot in head

This is a discussion on Another ND girl shot in head within the Basic Gun Handling & Safety forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; I seem to find it odd that it seems like a lot of Nd's end up with people getting shot in the head,it would seem ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By limatunes
  • 1 Post By Harryball
  • 1 Post By accessbob

Thread: Another ND girl shot in head

Another ND girl shot in head

I seem to find it odd that it seems like a lot of Nd's end up with people getting shot in the head,it would seem that during an unintentional ND all the directions a bullet could go seem to mysteriously strike people in the head or chest,I can only assume that it would seem the gun holder is pointing or aiming the gun at the person that gets shot as he pulls the trigger,which IMHO would be reckless endangerment or involuntary manslaughter
    Man arrested after unintentional shooting of girl | shooting, unintentional, arrested - Police - Brownsville Herald
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

He missed a few of the rules, most every incident of this type, the rules were ignored! Read my "Tag Line".
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I agree several rules were broken but I tend to believe in many of these scenarios the shooter is usually fairly young and IMHO thinking the gun is unloaded points it at their friend/lover etc and pulls the trigger,since in most cases the victim is deceased and in some cases have trouble remembering exactly what happened the only witness is the guy that pulled the trigger
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"

Senior Moderator
    Far too often I've seen people point guns at others and, when scolded, they whine that I'm a safety nazi and that "Come on, it's not loaded!"

I've seen it in pictures and lots of young guys like to "play around" that way.

You ever read of how many people have died playing the "trust game" in Iraq?? The idea that people think getting cheap thrills from pointing or looking down the barrel of a gun is okay is a mystery. We need to keep teaching kids that it's never okay to point a firearm at something they don't want to destroy.

IMO he was showing off to the young lady and proved that he was an idiot....
    atctimmy likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Update
    Girl died and he has been charged with manslaughter,the gun was a revolver,I guess it's really hard to see tha cases on the back of the cylinder
    Gun 'accident' victim dies; suspect now faces manslaughter charges | gun, manslaughter, accident - Brownsville Herald

Sad and stupid. Experienced the same thing Lima. They can be mad all they want, I am not endangering my life and others because someone wants to joke around
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Far too often I've seen people point guns at others and, when scolded, they whine that I'm a safety nazi and that "Come on, it's not loaded!"
    I've been labeled just that, on the handful of occasions I've gotten loud and obnoxious about hammering home this point, in a few instances when I and others have "merely" been swept by the muzzle. There's a reason that escapes such folks why the basic safety rules overlap each other.

The idea that people think getting cheap thrills from pointing or looking down the barrel of a gun is okay is a mystery.
    Men may be from Mars, and women from Venus ... but folks who get jollies in this way are from Pluto, and that's a fact. Can't imagine doing it short of a field-stripped cleaning, myself. Glad I'm in good company.

How're the pair of "Bumps" comin' along, there, Lima? Has the eldest started the g-proofing, yet?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    If the Anti's would just let us implement mandatory gun safety classes in schools starting at a young age, we might be able to fight some of this stupidity (I say MIGHT because there's no guarantee). But that'll never happen.
    phreddy likes this.
    EDC - Glock 36 OR Glock 30, Ruger LC9, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Links