Dumbest cop on the planet

This is a discussion on Dumbest cop on the planet within the Basic Gun Handling & Safety forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Judge allows paralyzed cop to sue Glock This has to be worst law suit I've ever seen! Shouldn't this cop be in jail do to ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Dumbest cop on the planet

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Dumbest cop on the planet

Judge allows paralyzed cop to sue Glock

This has to be worst law suit I've ever seen!

Shouldn't this cop be in jail do to violation of the child safety act.
    The Old Anglo likes this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Wow... oh well, he can have fun with all the lawyer fees, it won't get him anywhere.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

VIP Member
    What can you expect out of CA? Maybe, just maybe if daddy had secured his weapon when he took it off, his son wouldn't have found it and shot him.

IMO he needs to be charged with child endangerment.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    The California Second Court of Appeal said Tuesday a jury could conclude a grip safety strong enough to withstand a 3 year-old's grasp "would minimize the risk of accidental discharge without undermining performance," and in a 3-0 ruling, allowed the case to continue.
    This will be great until the kid turns 5 and has a better grip and is able to shoot again because of bad parenting. This completely ignores the negligence displayed by the officer, but what do you expect from the land of fruits and nuts, where insanity is the philosophy du jour.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

this guy is carless with his firearm and he thinks it someone else’s fault....and he is a LEO. he should be charged with child endangerment for the kid having access to the gun
    mcgyver210 and ZX9RCAM like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    Wow... oh well, he can have fun with all the lawyer fees, it won't get him anywhere.
    I doubt if there are any lawyer fees. He probably scrounged around and found an attorney who would take this mess on a contingency, sort of like playing the lottery. Find a sympathetic jury and roll the dice. Happens all the time.

The officer was shot in 2006 if that gives you any idea how long this case has already been in the court system. The judge didn't award any money to the officer, he just allowed the case to continue, so the lawyer still stands a chance of winning the jackpot.
    mcgyver210 likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

In one of the comments a guy said that Glocks are not safe and that although he can leave his Sig on the table and his cat can't shot him, if he were to leave his Glock on the table the cat could shot him w/ it. I've had a lot of cats in my life and not a one of them was going to be able to pull the trigger far enough to fire the gun. I would think a cat would be more likely to play around w/ it and disengage the safety and then hit the lighter trigger and fire a Sig than it would be able to fire a Glock. That's just my guess.

Regardless, this is what is wrong w/ the justice system.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9c
    Sheilded Holsters Double Phalanx

Let me see if I have this right. This Officer of the Law DIDN'T safely secure his gun in the same area his untrained young child rode (who was NOT in a child's car seat) and the tyke took said gun (Glock) and shot him. Did I get it right?

I'm I wrong in thinking that it is HIS fault that it happened? What did the Glock Company do that is wrong.
    Lish, DaveH, mcgyver210 and 9 others like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    So you believe that there is no chance that some liberal jury would rule in the cops favor in an attempt to break the bad evil gun manufacturer? Or that they might rules in the cops favor simply because Glock can afford to pay something to the cop even though it wasn't Glocks fault?

Michael

Ah lawsuit happy America. What a dumby who deserves to be laughed out of court.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Looks like this could apply

according to Calguns

25100. (a) Except as provided in Section 25105, a person commits the crime of “criminal storage of a firearm of the first degree” if all of the following conditions are satisfied: (1) The person keeps any loaded firearm within any premises that are under the person’s custody or control. (2) The person knows or reasonably should know that a child is likely to gain access to the firearm without the permission of the child’s parent or legal guardian. (3) The child obtains access to the firearm and thereby causes death or great bodily injury to the child or any other person. (b) Except as provided in Section 25105, a person commits the crime of “criminal storage of a firearm of the second degree” if all of the following conditions are satisfied: (1) The person keeps any loaded firearm within any premises that are under the person’s custody or control. (2) The person knows or reasonably should know that a child is likely to gain access to the firearm without the permission of the child’s parent or legal guardian. (3) The child obtains access to the firearm and thereby causes injury, other than great bodily injury, to the child or any other person, or carries the firearm either to a public place or in violation of Section 417.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    So you believe that there is no chance that some liberal jury would rule in the cops favor in an attempt to break the bad evil gun manufacturer? Or that they might rules in the cops favor simply because Glock can afford to pay something to the cop even though it wasn't Glocks fault?

Michael
    Very unlikely, and Glock can also afford the best lawyers, depends on how bad he makes his little sob story sound.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Shouldn't he sue his department as well for hiring him as a police officer and also issueing him the gun?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    this guy is carless with his firearm and he thinks it someone else’s fault....and he is a LEO. he should be charged with child endangerment for the kid having access to the gun
    I thought somebody or someone has to be at fault all the time...sounds like a very justified lawsuitJust kidding.......
    What a waste of resources and money to even have this heard.....
    joker1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    he should be charged with child endangerment for the kid having access to the gun
    This.
    Hoganbeg likes this.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links