Shooting Buddy Admits to Shooting 4 TVs!!! - Page 2

Shooting Buddy Admits to Shooting 4 TVs!!!

This is a discussion on Shooting Buddy Admits to Shooting 4 TVs!!! within the Basic Gun Handling & Safety forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; I would have loaded my guns back up and prepared to leave,if he asked why I would say too many people get shot bu unsafe ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Shooting Buddy Admits to Shooting 4 TVs!!!

I would have loaded my guns back up and prepared to leave,if he asked why I would say too many people get shot bu unsafe people with guns every year,4 TV's tell me you have a serious safe gun handling problem,ADIOS
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    "EX-" Shooting Buddy Admits to Shooting 4 TVs!!!
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

He may have just been boasting, trying to ride the macho man train and clueless to how ignorant the statement truly is.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    First time - happenstance

Second time - investigation

Third time - enemy action

Fourth time - ???

Fifth time - Probably watching the Packers game last night.
    mano3 and dukalmighty like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Sounds much like what Elvis Presley did whenever Robert Goulet or Mel Torme appeared on the set while the "King" was watching.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Grandad off his meds again?

I am in the camp that says I don't wanna be around him 'cause of too many "unloaded firearms" all of sudden shooting something.
    mano3 and mprp like this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

4th doesn't count. Afterall, it WAS Clinton...LMAO
    mano3 likes this.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

What's scary is that I know three other guys that have had thier guns "go off" when they thought they were unloaded.

One hit the trigger on his AK and put a round through the roof. Told his wife the previous storm knocked a support beam through the ceiling...

Another guy was cleaning his XD and pulled the trigger, putting a .45 round through his wrist. It took months to heal...

The last had his 12g shotgun barrel proped on his foot and was using the butt stock to lean on. It 'went off' and blew most of his foot away...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

What's scary is that I know three other guys that have had thier guns "go off" when they thought they were unloaded.

One hit the trigger on his AK and put a round through the roof. Told his wife the previous storm knocked a support beam through the ceiling...

Another guy was cleaning his XD and pulled the trigger, putting a .45 round through his wrist. It took months to heal...

The last had his 12g shotgun barrel proped on his foot and was using the butt stock to lean on. It 'went off' and blew most of his foot away...
    I think if they're not going to clean the chamber first then hearing protection is a good idea while cleaning their gun. The other thing is mano, no one will look down on you for wanting to go to the range by yourself. We will understand.
    mano3 likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Dang, Mano! With shooting friends like yours, who needs shooting enemies? Maybe you need to revisit your shooting friend selection process?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Dang, Mano! With shooting friends like yours, who needs shooting enemies? Maybe you need to revisit your shooting friend selection process?
    Duck and cover man, duck and cover.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

VIP Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Firearms are big-boy toys.

Are we seeing an undercurrent of immature firearms ownership exhibited around here of late?
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Thats the sort of reckless/rash actions that get people hurt.

I remember one Winter my brother borrowed a shotgun to go pheasant hunting around Salina Ks back in the late 70's,it was a hammerless double barrel SxS,About 7 or 8 of us had just walked a field and were debating on which place to hit next,he had the shotgun by the barrels and set the butt stock on the ground apparently hard enough that one barrel discharged .....It was really quiet for about 30 seconds and the look on my brothers face was priceless.Needless to say the gun was then unloaded and somebody dug up a gun that wasn't prone to go off without warning.I don't think my brother saved his underwear after he got home either
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links