M&P Apex trigger conversion

This is a discussion on M&P Apex trigger conversion within the Basic Gun Handling & Safety forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; I would like to up-grade my M&P40c trigger with the Apex. I have no one in my area who has done this so I can ...

Thread: M&P Apex trigger conversion

I would like to up-grade my M&P40c trigger with the Apex. I have no one in my area who has done this
    so I can have a hands-on review. My inquiries have been all on the net and I have gathered that the
    Apex Trigger is the way to go, but, many also say that this trigger system isn't the best for concealed
    carry because it evidently improves the M&P that much. Has anyone had any experience with the Apex
    install with the M&P and No.1 does it really improve the M&P that much and No.2, is it too light for concealed carry? Thank you.

I have the Apex DCAEK and the AEK trigger on my M&P 9c and I highly recommend them both, especially the DCAEK. When the gunsmith first installed it I neglected to tell him that it was my EDC gun and he put the lighter factory spring in. After test firing it, it seemed too light to me (about 3.5 lbs.) and I had him put the heavier spring included with the kit in. This brought the trigger right to a 5 lb. pull which I am happy with.

With the two enhancements combined, the pre- and over-travel are reduced, the grit is gone, the reset is more defined, and the trigger just feels better all around.
    Gunga Galunga

Sponsored Links