Negligent Glock Discharge- "It Can't happen to me". - Page 5

Negligent Glock Discharge- "It Can't happen to me".

This is a discussion on Negligent Glock Discharge- "It Can't happen to me". within the Basic Gun Handling & Safety forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Yes I agree with QKShooter whole heartedly. My Dad told me it is alright to make mistakes as long as you learn from them and ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Negligent Glock Discharge- "It Can't happen to me".

Yes I agree with QKShooter whole heartedly. My Dad told me it is alright to make mistakes as long as you learn from them and strive not to repeat them.

VIP Member
    ND can happen to anyone at anytime. I'm too embarrassed to give the details, but I
    had one about a week ago. Fortunately, it was at the range and the gun was sort of
    pointing in the right direction, so no harm to anything but my ego. (It was with a make and
    model I was not used to, but that is no excuse.) I can just picture my horrified face from "outside
    my body" when that thing went bang.

Just as a violent attack can happen any time and any place, a NG can too--- and even to
    very experienced shooters. I just proved that to my embarrassed self. I can't believe what I did.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I'm happy that all were safe and glad that you've lived to tell the tale of this mishap. while I was deployed getting ready to go to Afganistan for the 2 months of training I was dealing with we herd of 9 Army personal had gotten killed while performing clearings of their weapons in the AOR. These soldiers have performed their duties so many times that complacency had set in causing a ND to happen which had done the worst thing ever. I can not ever say that I'll not have one cause there will always be that chance as long as there's a weapon in the house there will always be that chance. Everyone that reads this artical hopes to be able to knock those cobwebs from their brain and rethink their way of doing so that it won't happen to them I'm betting as I'm one of them also. I'm just glad that you're ok and noone was hurt other than maybe some dishes that certainly had a life expectancy of a few years anyways.

I read a thread here when I first joined about month ago that stated most ND's happened just that way. Since I'm new to owning a weapon, I made to get in habit of dropping a clip and then locking the slide back and looking through the chamber and down through the empty space where the clip should be, before I considered my weapon cleared.

As I've heard more than once in my life, "bet you won't do that again!"

Glad you're safe and everything's okay - except for the dishes. A quick question however, what were you loaded with? It almost seems safer to be loaded with HP rounds to lessen penetration of multiple walls (and neighbor's walls).

Glockforlife, thank you for sharing your story. Am glad that you're ok. I will learn from your experience to be extra careful in clearing my guns before dry firing. Thanks again.

“Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good.” Thomas Paine

I think that's a mistake you'll only make once! Thank God noone was hurt.

Wow. I'm glad no one was hurt. This goes to show that you can never get distracted when handling a firearm.

Thanks for sharing and your honesty. My stomach dropped as I read your post and then a sigh of relief. We do so many things on auto pilot and things can be over looked with all of the distractions we have.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

Glad nothing worse came out of it than a hole in your wall and some shattered dishes. Thanks for sharing, and a reminder to all of us to double and triple check.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Sponsored Links