Deer Hunter Points Gun at Fellow Hunter

This is a discussion on Deer Hunter Points Gun at Fellow Hunter within the Basic Gun Handling & Safety forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Yup..............it don't feel good knowing your in somebody's crosshairs.......we'd be talkin'.....I'm sure the property owner doesn't want those type of accidents on his property either. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Deer Hunter Points Gun at Fellow Hunter

Yup..............it don't feel good knowing your in somebody's crosshairs.......we'd be talkin'.....I'm sure the property owner doesn't want those type of accidents on his property either.
    Like getting swept at the range.......NG.

2. Remove Ads

mkh
    Sine you were wearing orange and up a tree, both things that deer don't do then why was he scoping you. He may be upset that he has to share the area with you and that explains the scoping and all the noise intended to harass you and ruin your hunt.

Just saying his intentions may not be good so proceed with caution unless you really know his mental state.

Or maybe it's just me assuming the worst as always.

VIP Member
    I believe pointing a gun at someone in Michigan is a misdemeanor. You may want to mention that as well.

And maybe you can get the "fee" waived one time and buy the dude a pair of field binoculars with the proceeds!

Doesn't sound like the guy is malicious, just not thinking. But I guess that doesn't matter if you end up the receiving end of a barking deer rifle....

he see's my orange hat and lifts his rifle and glasses me.
    No excuses. Negligence, clearly. He's ignoring his (presumed) introduction to the standard gun safety guidelines, including not pointing his damned muzzle at something he's not prepared to destroy. It's not as though deer sleep in trees or wear camo-orange.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I like the idea of getting him goggles and a sit down. Last year I had a hunter come up on my lane (trespassing) walk right by me, point his gun in all directions including right at me from 60 yards (no Scope) and as I was trying to get his attention waving my orange, a nice fat doe popped up. I turned my attention to her and was about to get a shot off when he spooked her and she bolted. NOW I"m pissed and shouting at him, he doesn't even act like he hears me and wanders off. By the time I can get my dad on the phone to look for his car, he's gone. Needless to say, we reposted the lot with 100 new signs on plywood and about 10 feet apart. Might not fix stupid but I don't want there to be any possibility you can get on the property without seeing yellow.
    Good luck, sorry to hear about your frustration. I didn't get a deer last year and the only one I saw was this doe... Took me a few days to calm down.

Jim

I'd walk up to him without a word and KO him! Then find somewhere safer to hunt.
    Snub44 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CARRY365 View Post
    I'd walk up to him without a word and KO him! Then find somewhere safer to hunt.
    I'd don't think that would work out too well for either of you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links