Fess up...Accidental discharge - Page 5

Fess up...Accidental discharge

This is a discussion on Fess up...Accidental discharge within the Basic Gun Handling & Safety forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 I went back and re-read all the posts, and couldn't find where anyone asked for your forgiveness. Hope that wasn't too ...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: Fess up...Accidental discharge

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I went back and re-read all the posts, and couldn't find where anyone asked for your forgiveness. Hope that wasn't too blunt.
    My skin is not that thin, so no it's not too blunt. Actually, I do thank you for your opinion and comment.

GeorgiaCarry
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org Life Member
    Defender of the 2nd Amendment
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaCarry View Post
    My skin is not that thin, so no it's not too blunt. Actually, I do thank you for your opinion and comment.

GeorgiaCarry
    Doo itasmaste.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff310 View Post
    Thanks...Youre right at least I was able to admit my mistake. I'm sure there are a few more on here who have done the same and are afraid to admit.

To the members calling me out...What a great way to treat a new member, real welcoming feeling....again I admit I made a STUPID MISTAKE....for Christs sake I am a human being, I know what I did wrong...Thanks for rubbing my face in the sh*t

Im off my soapbox now
    Jeff

I posted my "oops" moment on the Marlin Owners board. I didn't figure I'd catch a lot of crap over it based on how well mannered those guys are.
    Well, I was right, NOT 1 single flame. Just LOTS of kudos for being man enough to admit to a mistake and lots of thank yous for the reminder to be safe.
    Some guys even admitted to things they had done, but were too scared at the time to admit it.
    I'd post the link to my thread, but I don't know how (computer illiteracy).
    But I can get you there this way. marlinowners.com. 336 forum, thread is confession feeling guilty

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    You picked up a gun you didn't personally clear and inspect to make sure it was unloaded violating Safety Rule #1 then pulled the trigger,Way to go
    WOW that is why you don't put your finger on the trigger until you are WOW really. well be safe glad nobody got hurt.
    " A free people ought not only to be armed & disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms & ammo to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them including their own government"
    George Washington

Many moons ago, we were on a training exercise in the woods. All our weapons were loaded with blanks. It was my turn to haul the "pig" (M60 machine gun) around. I had hardly received any training on it...

We settled into our defensive position. We were all trying to be quiet and "tactical." Muffled conversations, the quiet sound of digging foxholes with e-tools. I set up the M60, loaded in the ammo belt, and then tried to remember which way was "safe" on the safety lever (the markings were worn away decades before). I figured I would lightly pull the trigger, and that would tell me if I guessed right...

BAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAM! I ripped off a textbook perfect 6-round burst. Needless to say, our noise discipline was pretty well gone. We were all pretty tired, and now all eyes were on me - if the platoon leader made us move to a new position, I was going to have a rough time from everyone else. Luckily enough, he allowed us to stay in our position - after giving me a thorough ass-chewing.

Have not had one since. And I now tend to be super-vigilant with gun safety.
    atctimmy and IsaiahM33 like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member
    50 years later and I can say I've never had an AD.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    I've never had one.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Self Defense Stories
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Quote Originally Posted by pir8fan View Post
    Your jackass club number must be #1. Nice to see Mensa hasn't changed a bit.
    Now it's time for Mike1956 to quote Forrest Gump, and we'll have a full circle. LOL
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

VIP Member
    "Maybe poker's just not your game, Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest."
    KBSR, Spirit51, OD* and 3 others like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Been around guns most of my life. And heavily into them scince 1998. And yes I have had the dreaded ND . Lesson learned to always check and recheck your weapon. Stay safe everyone.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Wow. That was really rude and uncalled for. Let's try to remember this is not a school yard.
    mr.stuart, thephanatik and Ransom like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Wow. That was really rude and uncalled for. Hope your manners improve with time.
    It appears to be the post which earned him ex-member status.
    William T. Sherman

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Wow. That was really rude and uncalled for. Hope your manners improve with time.
    If they do, we won't know it.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

OD*
    He asked to be removed from "this piece of crap site."

"The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

That is probably for the best. Those attitudes bring out the worse in the entire forum.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Sponsored Links