Firearms safety & educational courses

This is a discussion on Firearms safety & educational courses within the Basic Gun Handling & Safety forums, part of the General Firearm Discussion category; Having had a CWP for over forty years, it would be easy to fall into the mindset that I know everything. What I have done ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BAR

Thread: Firearms safety & educational courses

Having had a CWP for over forty years, it would be easy to fall into the mindset that I know everything. What I have done over the years is to regularly participate in as many training programs as practical. This includes even taking the NRA Basic pistol course every few years. It keeps me updated and fresh on the basics. Other course such as the NRA Defensive Tactics series, rifle and shotgun courses, and basically any live fire course that is available. Every time I attend a course I learn something. And those completion certificates given at the completion? I keep each and every one of them in a binder locked up. If I would ever have to use a firearm to defend myself and find my decision being scrutinized, a lawyer would appreciate any and all training documentation.

You can always teach an old dog new tricks!
    ugh762x39 likes this.

VIP Member
    Sounds good to me. When I first started shooting and it was necessary for me to take a basic course to be allowed to shoot in an invitational group Gramps took it with me even though he had been shooting many types of guns and doing competetive shooting for many years. He said he feels that training is good. Period.

Taking the AARP sponsored senior safe driving course every few years does the same thing for you, including giving you a small discount on your auto insurance from most companies.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

VIP Member
    I try to attend TDI courses at least three times/year. Next year, I will re-run Handgun II-III, and take Handgun VI and FIST for the first time.
    Home ? Tactical Defense Institute - Tactical, Firearms Training, pistol, rifle, shotgun
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

To improve your shooting accuracy it is good to have firearms training course from professionals. I also have joined the firearms training course and my shooting accuracy is improving.

Sponsored Links