Defensive Carry banner

Thrift Store Worker Shot By Gun In Donated Sock.

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  DontTreadOnI 
#1 ·
Reactions: gatorbait51
#2 ·
maybe totally unrelated but did i ever tell ya'll about the body armor i scored at a thrift store last holloween?

Yep, the wife and i are shopping for kids clothes and we go into the local ARC, and as soon as we came in i saw aaalllll the way in the back what sure LOOKED like a point-blank interceptor vest. told the wife i had to go and took a bee-line right for it. i figured, no way, has to be a holloween prop or something.

Nope, woodland camo Point-Blank Interceptor, my size(med). No trauma plates, but all the IIIa insterts were there, clean, and in good shape. figure somebodu forgot it was in a box, or an EX got mad, or who knows, but i scored body armor for $20. yep. $20.

best gun-related deal of my lifetime. now i get a lot more excited when we go to thrift stores, doubt it'll happen twice, but still.

bummer some moron had to put a loaded gun in some random stuff, hope the person is ok.

#4 ·
That's one of the saddest stories I've ever heard concerning someone getting shot. There was a young guy just 3 or 4 houses away from my place who was shot in the chest with a 22 rifle from 12 to 20 feet. He turned around took 3 or 4 steps collapsed and died.

Reactions: molleur
#5 ·
There was a rash of fake vests being sold here in FL. Many LE bought them only to find out they wouldn't stop a .22. Looked just like the real things, tags and all. They were being sold (first hint) in flea markets.

#7 ·
Regarding post #2 of DingBat your story of $20 body armor has got to be one of the best scores of all time at a thrift store!:yup::yup: Isn't Point Blank like the premier body armor made?

Twenty years ago I knew a guy who made it a practice to make a daily sweep among all the thrift stores in my town. It was like a regular religion for this guy. He knew what I was into and always was on the lookout for me. Well one day he struck pure gold. He came across a pair of Vasque heavy duty hiking boots. I'm talking about made in Germany mountaineering/hiking boots. Not made in China crapola. At the time I was getting my last few miles out of my first pair of Vasque boots I'd bought back in the early 70s. Anywho I knew these boots were worth right around $200 so I was mighty interested in the deal Dave was gonna run by me. Well as it turned out it was about the sweetest deal he and I ever made. He owed me about $10 and wanted some walking around money. So my 200 dollar boots cost me $20. I snapped that deal up. These boots hadn't even been broken in yet.

I still have those boots.

Reactions: DingBat
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.