Police Academy

Police Academy

This is a discussion on Police Academy within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I did not know where this post was supposed to go so please move it if it needs to be. I have not posted in ...

Thread: Police Academy

Police Academy

I did not know where this post was supposed to go so please move it if it needs to be. I have not posted in quite a while because I have been busy with my family and school. I lost my job over a year ago and cannot find another one. My current studies are at the same college I got my previous degree at but this time I am studying Criminal Justice. I may have the opportunity to attend a Police Academy this summer. It is a 9 month program that would include a degree but I will come up 3 classes short. That is it in a nutshell. Wish me luck and thank you to everyone that has engaged with me when I posted in the past.
    Kel-Tec P-11, Supertuck Deluxe, Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor's Belt

Good luck!!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Good luck in the PD Academy.

Thank you. I only have 2 blemishes on my record but that did not prevent me from getting an internship at the local P.D. so I am unsure of how much weight it will have. I was only 13 and 14 when I made the stupid mistakes. Over 20 years ago. We shall see.

Good luck in the police academy, graduate and finish those 3 classes...then you WILL be able to 'rock and roll'...study and train hard...start running NOW.

Note: If you would like company running, call me and you can run beside my car.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Actually I started running over 6 months ago. Needed to do the shuttle run in under 4m42s. Started walking, then jogging. Lost over 20 pounds and shuttle run in 3m35s. Much better than my first attempt that was over 5 minutes. I stopped losing weight so I started lifting weights too in hopes of leaning out my muscles instead of doing one hour of cardio 4 times a week. Now do 30-45 min of cardio 3 times a week and lift weights too.

VIP Member
    Best of luck to you in your studies, and job prospects!!!

Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Best of luck with the LEO training. Do you have any military service (Boot Camp)? If not, get ready for some minor verbal abuse, they will try to push your buttons at every turn, don't let them get to you, do your best and all will work out ok.

VIP Member
    Stay focused... keep your eyes on the prize!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Best of luck with the LEO training. Do you have any military service (Boot Camp)? If not, get ready for some minor verbal abuse, they will try to push your buttons at every turn, don't let them get to you, do your best and all will work out ok.
    I left the Army after graduating boot camp. It wasn't the verbal abuse that bothered me. Upon my medical exam for discharge the doctor told me that my chart even noted that at entry my feet flattened when I walked. He said I should have been disqualified. The fallen arches contributed to my stress fractures in both feet. So unfortunately I have a Performance and Conduct discharge. I am not sure how much that will weigh on my employability. That was 17 years ago.

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Do you have a job lined up yet? I know a bunch of cops that are out of work in MI currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Trucker View Post
    Do you have a job lined up yet? I know a bunch of cops that are out of work in MI currently.
    How does the Police Academy near you run Around here you have to be hired by a department first, then your department sends you to the academy.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Michigan is a self-sponsored state. Meaning you have to apply to an academy and pay your own way. Yes, Michigan is a tough state to try and get into law enforcement. I have an internship this summer which should help me get into that department at least part time. If not I will just send out a ton of resumes for my former career, Journeyman Machine Repair Mechanic. Should be able to get a job in one of the fields.

Links