unemployed again

unemployed again

This is a discussion on unemployed again within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yet again i am unemployed the company i work fo cut back to 2 shifts and they cut me. even know i was a better ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar

unemployed again

Yet again i am unemployed the company i work fo cut back to 2 shifts and they cut me. even know i was a better worker then half of them there witch is bull it just sucks that you know your more productive but they choose other people instead and they haven't even been there as long as i have. that tells you how bright they are. sorry had to rant and rave because it sucks and i am really peed off
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Sorry to hear it friend. Hope you get back in the saddle quickly.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

VIP Member
    Good luck ,and trust in God that you will be back on your feet and employed again soon.
    Michigan has been/is getting hammered, in the last few years.
    I myself, having to take a "pay restructuring"(company gibberish), have lost over $8500.oo in 2009,vs 2008. 2010 probably won't be much better, but at least I'm still working.
    I can't believe I just said that, seeing as we live in the greatest nation on earth.
    Yes for all its faults, this is what I believe, but still think we need to VOTE INCUMBANTS OUT!![rant over]

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Industry is a cold B

I got laid off totally unexpected two years ago.....it was a shock.

The next job I had I got laid off after 4 months (They called it a laid off for financials but I had an arguement with a fellow the saterday before they laid me of on monday morning) Another shock. I was making half the money I was used to there.

Took me a while to get back to where I wanted to be but it did happen........I still have issues where I'm dealing with the whole anger thing about it. It hurts. Expecially when you where not at fault.

Really I have grown from the experience and tend to treat industry like it treats me......I know she is cold and that I could be gone fast enough to make my head spin. (I'm a Machinist)

Roll with the punches.

I'm in the same boat, keep pluggin' away.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I was out of work all of last year, so I know what it's like. I wish you the best.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" J. Buffett

VIP Member
    Sorry to hear it and best of luck getting a new one.

We need to find a way to do better for everyone than in the past. I never like it when economists bragged that 5 % unemployment was "full employment." Not if you or your relative is one of the 1 in 20 unemployed it isn't. And of course today things are so much worse. 1 in 10. Almost a calamity for everyone, and certainly a calamity for those affected.

Good luck to you.

"We was all robbed.!!!"

I'm in the same boat for about a year now (i'm a heavy diesel mechanic) jobs are just hard to come by and harder to keep. Good luck and maybe we will all get good jobs soon.

Adam
    Live Without Compromise.

Northern Piedmont of Va. & Middle of Nowhere, W.Va.
    Sounds like a good opportunity to leave Michigan, to me. I used to do software engineering, at a time when IBM was still THE computer company. And from them I learned an aphorism: "Success at IBM [substitute your company name here] is as easy as PIE. 10% Performance, 45% Image, and 45% Exposure." Most humans are so wrapped up in what's going on in their own heads that it is uneconomical for them to try to figure out whether you're doing well or not. Unless you do some self-promotion, or your supervisor is interested and observant, you will be first on the list to get laid off, regardless of the quality of your work. And that's not because they don't care about the quality of the work, it's because they're such self-absorbed, arrogant, jerks, that they can't take the time to figure out who's actually beneficial to the company and who isn't.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

Nothing I say as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice. Legal questions should be presented to a competent attorney licensed to practice in the relevant state.

BulletMaker-

Do you like to travel? Can you tolerate being away from home? Do you want to make $$$$$$$$? Do you enjoy the feeling of sticking your face in a pizza oven???

ITT Systems Corporation - Careers

I know for a fact ITT is looking for heavy equipment mechanics, there are positions listed in our company monthly bulletin.

For everyone else:

There is another “army” over here; an army of civilians doing support jobs, plumbers, electricians, heavy equipment operators /mechanics, AC techs, carpenters, communications techs (me)………

A base is like a small town, just about every job you will find in town (except assembly lines) can probably be found here. Want a little excitement in your life….Try driving a gasoline tanker truck across Iraq (apply at KBR).

My workplace is hiring ....maintenance , tool and die / machinist and production workers also.

My state also takes the #1 spot on the Brady bunch state rankings for lax gun regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    My workplace is hiring ....maintenance , tool and die / machinist and production workers also.

My state also takes the #1 spot on the Brady bunch state rankings for lax gun regulations.
    Which would be...

Martinrea is the company , Ky the state.

Things have been bad for awhile. I was working at IBM, I had a three year contract and when I was hired I told competent workers got hired on fully after a year. Two years and some odd months in they tell me they're no longer hiring on full employee's, and oh yeah in 6 months to a year they're going to be laying off 1,000+ employee's-mostly LTS (long term supplemental). So I decide to move to another state with more opportunities, get a job doing HVAC/Geothermal and bust my ass. Awhile in I get let go for not being "productive" enough, key word for "I ran this company into the ground and can't afford to pay you any more".

Now I got a city job, it's not great but it's steady. If you can get in with the city, or county typically they're decent employee's. Park Maintenance guys get paid between $16-$30, not the best but considering all they do is stand around and look at a problem for 6 hours, throw in 30 minutes of real work and the rest is clocked lunch break....well that's a plush job. Get your foot in the door, show your competent and you can get a better position, hell work your way up to the next step and you're making almost 60k a year. It's kind of sad such simple jobs pay so well, but also great that they pay a livable wage.

Count me among the unemplyed as well. Gotta start looking more next week after I get some stuff I need.

The economy sucks right now for sure. Maybe I can get a government job, they pay the best (unless your compare them to a banker) and they are the only growth sector in the economy right now.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links