Lost a friend tonight - Page 2

Lost a friend tonight

This is a discussion on Lost a friend tonight within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm so sorry. It sure sounds like you did the right thing, but that's an awful decision to have to make....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm so sorry. It sure sounds like you did the right thing, but that's an awful decision to have to make.

I know your pain all too well. I've been there. The grief is real. For many of us our pets are family. Hang in there my friend. I'm so sorry.

Sorry to hear it. I sure understand it, especially right now.

We lost one this week, a 12 1/2 yr ++ old white german shepherd that has been an absolutely great dog.

She got up , walked over to her bed, layed down..... and something appeared funny looking to me. I said her name several times and she didn't respond so I went over to check her..... she had literally layed down, put her head down and was dead.

I completely understand how you feel, and it's a lousy feeling.
    Nothing matches the the trust and friendship of a canine...it's very hard to say goodbye.
    Hang in there, and get another.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have a choklit Lab shes getting really old and a little crippled up,when she ain't peeing or eating shes sleeping,she used to go everywhere with me but she can't climb in the jeep anymore and doesn't try to beat me out the door anymore.about 8 years ago my wife used to go jogging and decided to take lucky,after about 2 times when lucky saw her putting her running shoes on she would try to hide under the bed.....Rally sorry for your loss
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

So sorry to hear of your loss. I'm with Bark'n, it always hits me hard to read of any of the members' pets dying. We love them so much but when they are hurting, we give them the respect and care to not prolong suffering. We are left with memories of their great love. God Bless.
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

Quote Originally Posted by jeephipwr View Post
    He was my friend, and I will miss him.
    You were there to love him, when times were tough. As he was, with you.

You were there to hold his hand (paw) as he passed on.

There is little more than can be expected of a close and dear friend. He knew it. He knows it still.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Prayers sent!!

Very sorry to hear of your loss !, I lost my beloved cat of 15 years, Calahan that someone dumped in my front yard one July afternoon when he could fit in the palm of my hand. I took him in and he became the best indoor house cat anyone could have ! A really "Cool Cat", last September of 2009 , My wife and I had the day off for Labor Day when during late morning Calahan experienced a massive stroke.........we called the emergency number for the vet and he met us at the vet's clinic , our precious Calahan looked like he was going to make it, but he had sustained complete loss of vision, we brought him home only to see him have yet another stroke, he would not recover from this.............we spent the next 5 hours next to him as he slowly passed on, it was one of the worst days of our lives !!!
    So yes........ pets do mean everything to us, they are always there for you, they should be allowed to live as long as me and you are allowed to live..
    I feel your pain.............

Condolences. It's hard to lose a buddy.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Our condolences. The loss of a dear friend (2 or 4 legged) is something we all will feel. We have had 4 legged family members in our household for many years. We have been where you are more than once and will be again. They give so much and ask for so little. Sometimes I wonder if it is a fair trade. In time another friend will come along and you will be there ready to care for them. You have our prayers.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Sorry for the loss of your family member.

sorry for your lost its not easy pets are family and have more love than humans in certain ways for the owners..
    Take care
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Truly sorry for your loss. I've been there. I know you are very thankful for the time you had together and he will always hold a special place in your heart.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Deepest condolences on your loss. It's never easy losing a beloved pet. Check the link below, it may help.

Rainbows Bridge Poem
    ^^^Definitely what archer said^^^^^^^
    Go to rainbow bridge
    You did the right thing. it is hard but it is part of the lifecycle, and the memories will always be there for you. even if you have another 10 pets, you will always remember them
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links