Batton down the Hatches Folks

This is a discussion on Batton down the Hatches Folks within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; To all our friends in the Midwest/South/Southeast and wherever else this storm season is hitting, please be careful. We've got flooding, we've got tornado's ripping ...

Thread: Batton down the Hatches Folks

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar

Batton down the Hatches Folks

To all our friends in the Midwest/South/Southeast and wherever else this storm season is hitting, please be careful. We've got flooding, we've got tornado's ripping Oklahoma apart this week, we've got tornado's in Louisana right now, chit is hitting us everywhere.

Be safe my friends. We've got flood conditions down here in my city, with more rain expected today and tonight, rivers are at capacity. Roads closed, areas flood over, people were smart and move out of low level areas quicker, hope they took their animals this time so I don't have to go in this time as in 2006 and get them, that was a booger.

My friends in Tennessee, I just saw some flooding in your area, please be safe there my friends.

Geez, this is been a heck of a year so far.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

2. Remove Ads

Yes, it's been a wet and wild one so far.

Yesterday I asked someone, "If April showers bring May flowers, what do May showers bring?"

He replied, "Floods."

My prayers go out to all affected by the storms and floods.
    Keep your powder dry and your spirits up.

bosco
    Attached Images

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Yes, it's been a wet and wild one so far.

Yesterday I asked someone, "If April showers bring May flowers, what do May showers bring?"

He replied, "Floods."
    All to true Grady, all to true:
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

VIP Member
    Boy oh Boy you are not kidding.
    We have been very fortunate here In Michigan this year, so far. No severe flooding, no power outages of any magnatude, and no real perils.
    May the Lord keep all who may be affected by the recent storms, and possible storms to come safe, and in good spirits.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

The year the ex-wife was stationed at Scott, AFB was not fun. I don't know how some of Y'all live in the mid-west. One year was enough for me.

Do your best to stay safe and dry.

My friend lives in Nashville. He's shopping for a car right now because someone hit him but he can't find anything remotely affordable.

He says it's because so many people's cars got destroyed in the flood. They got the insurance money and now are looking to buy CHEAP cars. Not so many want to finance one.

He's always bought cheap cars, so he's grumpy about the competition. He's probably going to end up coming up to MI to get the car. Crazy how we have a natural disaster like this every year in some part of the country.

Makes you kinda wonder when it's going to be your area's "turn".

VIP Member
    We haven’t had any real bad storms since Floyd so it looks like we may be due one soon. Got plenty of gas, food, water and ammo and just had the generator tuned up. Our prayers go out to all that have been affected already.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Great. How many hurricanes this season? Glad I hung on to the generator!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    My friend just sent me a bunch of pictures taken in and around Nashville. The Opryland Hotel made me sick. He also sent some pictures of Lake Barkley and Kentucky Lake Dam. Looks like Katrina without the looters.

With the reports on the numbers of hurricanes predicted this year, living in FL feels like being a wienie hung out over Hell...

I sure hope they're wrong. 2004 almost killed me (hit by 3 hurricanes), and the 2005 season almost scared us to death (26 named storms, the last one in January of 2006, almost 6 weeks after the close of hurricane season-never happened before in recorded history).
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

When I lived in Ks it was tornados,now that I'm in South Texas it's hurricanes,I'm about 70 miles inland but I realised it ain't far enough for a category 3 or 4,still got the plywood window coverings I made my first year here
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links