Update on my 2 year old niece's murder

This is a discussion on Update on my 2 year old niece's murder within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well after having peliminary hearing after peliminary hearing we have to wait until September to find out if the guy will get convicted. It was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on my 2 year old niece's murder

Update on my 2 year old niece's murder

Well after having peliminary hearing after peliminary hearing we have to wait until September to find out if the guy will get convicted. It was supposed to happen this month. The county this happened in is small and they have two murder cases going. The judge that was supposed to sit the bench on this one had some kind of emergency. I think that they are waiting him out to see if they can work out a plea, I hope that's not the case. They have given the accused two opportunities to change his plea from not guilty. If they work out a plea my family will be devastated. This has been such a strain on our family, mentally and physically. My previous post was "My 2 year old niece was murdered today..." if you want to read the story.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

2. Remove Ads

I cant imagine what you are going through. Typically the D.A. will weigh heavily on how the family of the victim wants to proceed. If you guys arent looking to deal with this guy, the D.A. i'm sure will take that into consideration. Either way, I hope justice is served quickly and severely. Prayers are with you and your family.

We would like him to rot in jail the rest of his life, no parole...death penalty is too good for him. And after a while they will release him to GP, let the fun begin.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

I hope for your family's continued strength during this legal process. I am not sure I could go to such a trial and be able to control my anger...or would just bottle it up until I blew a fuse. This must be very hard. I hope you, your family and the poor little victim get true justice. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ccroom View Post
    We would like him to rot in jail the rest of his life, no parole...death penalty is too good for him. And after a while they will release him to GP, let the fun begin.
    In a capital case, that is usually what the plea is; plea guilty and the state will not seek the death penalty. I would hope he takes a plea deal. A trial will be a painful process for your family, and you never know what a jury is going to do.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I agree with Sixto, a jury can make some screwy decisions from time to time. Also a trial will drag out the pain for quite a long time. Let him plea guilty with no death penalty and no chance of parole. Prison inmates have their own hierarchy and sense of justice. Those who harm children have a very special place in prison life. They usually don't stay too long.

lets hope the jury makes the right decision and gives this slime what he deserves. I'm sorry for your loss and hope your family can keep it together. Wish I was on the jury.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    I feel for your family. I have a 2yr old son and if some hole were to hurt/ much less kill him I would be the one on trial for removing Mr. hole from the living.
    Last edited by SIXTO; June 4th, 2010 at 10:49 AM. Reason: removed language work arounds

I pray for your niece and for your family! I lost a daughter due to illness at 2 years 9 months, that was hard enough. I don't know if I could have stood it knowing that she was lost due to another's deeds. If he goes to prison, he will not fare well there!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Too bad that in cases where there is no doubt the accused is guilty,upon conviction they turn the scumbag over to the family for justice.Something tells me there would be a lot less crimes against persons
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

SIXTO, you are right about a jury trial, I sat on a jury when was 20. The guy was accused of rape. I was the only one that didn't vote guilty. The ladies written 3 page statement was about him beating her. The last four words were written in the female police officers hand writting and initialed by the victim "And he raped me." The guy had already been through one trial that was a hung jury. He had been in jail for 1 1/2 years through the trials. If convicted of battery he would only get one year, but the trial was for rape, oh did I mention no rape kit was performed. The jury was so angry about how bad he beat her they were willing to give him 25 years for rape. I stood my ground, I informed everyone that if we could give hin 5 or 10 for beating her I was all for it, but we were there for a rape trial. Oddly enough the prosecutor on that case is the same one that is prosecuting my niece's case, she's a bulldog, I've already seen her in action.

He'ld be on the target list in any prison. I would hope he gets the death penalty, but either way, his life would be over and either result wouldn't bring her back.

A jury can pick manslaugher as well in many cases, so a plea may not be a bad way to make sure he at least gets life.

Praying for you for God's Abundant Grace.
    Boze
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to, this is the last stand on earth." Ronald Reagan

"Gentlemen, Prepare to defend yourselves" SGM Basil Plumley

Heinous, absolutely heinous.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    I am so sorry for your loss... this is one of those cases where I would have a very difficult time not taking a vigilante course. All I can say, is when his cummupin's come, I hope it hurts... and hurts and hurts!
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links