My Lab had another seizure - Page 2

My Lab had another seizure

This is a discussion on My Lab had another seizure within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by dukalmighty My chocolate lab (Lucky) couldn't get up when I got home from the gun range,it seemed to be her left front ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Lab had another seizure

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    My chocolate lab (Lucky) couldn't get up when I got home from the gun range,it seemed to be her left front leg was rigid and she was panting like after she had some seizures in the past,If she isn't any better in the morning I'm afraid I may have to take her to the vet,her health has deteriorated pretty rapid in the last few weeks,shes 13 and has been my buddy thru a lot of things,I swore when I use to rent that I would only rent where dogs were allowed.The last 3 1/2 years she has had a large fenced yard to call her own,arthritis and old age has gotten the best of her and I can't stand to see her suffer much more.The bad part is I was hoping she would pass in her sleep and spare me the pain of having to make the decision.This will be one of the hardest decisions I've ever made.
    13 yrs, she lived a long time. You did a great job being her owner and caring for her, despite your health issue. There is nothing to feel bad about even though it is sad that she passed away.

I'm so very very sorry for your loss. Words of condolence seem so empty when your heart is crying out for the friend you've lost. I hope you will remember the good times that you both gave to each other. I've been there and I know the hurt. My deepest sympathy sir...
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

I know your pain bro you did the right thing.

VIP Member
    All I can say is I do know how hard that decission was. You honored your friend and you were the very best friend when it counted the most. I can barely type as my eyes are full. The pain never leaves.
    You can be very sure you did the right thing.

God bless you!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Thanks for the condolences,I had promised a friend I would take him to the range today,and almost called it off,but for a few hours I could put the memories on hold,now I'm back in a place I pay a mortgage on,but it doesn't feel like home without seeing her laying in front of the door when I walk in.I have a huge support group I can depend on,being a recovering addict with 19 years clean didn't come easy,and people have relapsed over less,but I will not use her passing as an excuse,Life is full of feelings,you have to learn to take the bad with the good.God bless
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about your lab. I have had to put three kittens down due to FIP (Feline Infectious Perotinitis). The first was a little guy that we were going to give my wife's sister. His name was Kojak. This was about 7 years ago. The other two were just a couple years ago, one in December the other the following February. Cheyenne was my little guy (only about 5 months old), so small he would fit in the palms of both hands. Tucker was my wife's kitten. He was only about 8 months old. They come into our lives for such a short amount of time it is amazing how deeply they touch our hearts. The hurt we feel is because we love them as much as they loved us. Take care of yourself and we are here when you need.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    I've been there several times myself buddy, and will be there again.

You second guess yourself as to what more you could have done. The answer is, nothing, you did the right thing.

Remember the good times and may you find some solace in the following.........

The Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Storm View Post
    13 yrs, she lived a long time. You did a great job being her owner and caring for her, despite your health issue. There is nothing to feel bad about even though it is sad that she passed away.

^^^I couldn't articulate into words any better , what these two have said already.^^^^^^
    Sorry for you loss.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links