anbody got a good spell to shake off whatever is stuck to me?

This is a discussion on anbody got a good spell to shake off whatever is stuck to me? within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, it's happening again. After an awful year, I had taken a job in Nashville and began to settle in. Now, after being gone a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar

Well, it's happening again.

After an awful year, I had taken a job in Nashville and began to settle in.

Now, after being gone a few weeks for my dad's funeral I came back to find we had lost our biggest customer. Layoffs began immediately on the production side.

Today, most of the management team got the ax. Myself included.

Luckily I have at least one recruiter setting up a second interview already.

fingers crossed-wish us luck.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Well, one could always say the obligatory, "when it rains it pours", but that's not what you need right now. Sometimes, a change in thought patterns and "self talk" can actually help.

So...keep your head up, and MOVE FORWARD.

There is no spell to give you, only words of encouragement, and the words of hope to help you. I'm sorry this has happened to you. This downward economy started many years ago, and it's getting worse, and I'd hate to be in your position. I'd feel the same way you do after the run of bs you've went through lately. Fingers crossed and luck and prayers sent your way.

Now, strap your boots on, and KEEP MOVING. It's the only way forward.
    Stop acting like we're fightin' for "freedom". We are ALREADY....free.

Senior Moderator
    Sometimes a good stiff drink will knock the edge off.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TheoryRealm View Post
    Well, one could always say the obligatory, "when it rains it pours", but that's not what you need right now. Sometimes, a change in thought patterns and "self talk" can actually help.

So...keep your head up, and MOVE FORWARD.

There is no spell to give you, only words of encouragement, and the words of hope to help you. I'm sorry this has happened to you. This downward economy started many years ago, and it's getting worse, and I'd hate to be in your position. I'd feel the same way you do after the run of bs you've went through lately. Fingers crossed and luck and prayers sent your way.

Now, strap your boots on, and KEEP MOVING. It's the only way forward.
    Will do. Taking a day to gripe and grumble, then damn the torpedoes!

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Sometimes a good stiff drink will knock the edge off.
    Tennessee whiskey on ice after errands today.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Cool

II Timothy 1:7
    "God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power , love and a sound mind."

Enjoy the drink.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    The drink should be for "medicinal purposes" only and not a crutch that you'd have to depend on.
    Sometimes stuff happens and when it rains it sometimes pours. If you are expecting life to be fair, get over it.
    The love and support of a good woman, a sense of humor, a solid religious belief and a pick yourself up and brush yourself off attitude is all the crutch you will ever need. then you can make your own luck. Don't give up. Things change!

There was a story about a man who after a rather long run of bad luck, turned his teary eyes skyward and bemoaned his bad luck. Suddenly, the sky darkened, lightning flashed and thunder roared. From the heavens, a voice rang out,"cheer up, things could be worse." So the man cheered up and sure enough, things got worse!

Thanks guys. I knew my friends would give me a boot in the rear.

The wife is panicked. I'm surprisingly ok so far. I just have to find something FAST.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

I'm praying for you brother. A spell might work only if you were here. They won't work over the internet no matter what you might have heard. Jobs posted today at my work (2). Forge hammer operator, and maintenance tech (need to pass Ramsey exam). Might not be for you, and somewhat labor intensive, but the top out pay might be something to consider. $19+ per hour. I don't know what they pay while in training. Company is in transition, but has always had good benefits and vacation/holidays after one year. I know a good place to get you a studio apartment three miles from it for less than $400 per month and close to everything. Storage facilities are also close. I'm just sayin'. I might be able to give you a good reference with the maintenance listing since I've known you for over a year and you have good moral character. The Ramsey test is open book, any resources you think you might need and I can give you tips for your resources, or loan them to you if you don't have, or pick them off the internet in formulas and calculations.
    If you need me to find out where or how to send your resume or inquiry for the jobs listed, just let me know and I'll find out tomorrow. These were in house job listings, so I don't know what they are doing in the way of outside advertising, but I'd pull any strings I have with the respective responsible parties.
    I'm wishing you and your family the best.

Thanks RamRod my friend. Not sure I'm qualified, but I'll be in touch. All options considered.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

VIP Member
    Arko, really really sorry to hear this. I can't imagine.

As always hang tough.

Prayers sent. Hang in there, something will turn up!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    You will make it. I have learned more from the 'bad' stuff than I ever did from the good. One thing I found that makes life less stressful is to keep debt as low as possible. If and when tough times arrive,it is much easier to deal with. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks friends. It HAS been an unusually long stretch of bad luck. I feel worse for my wife. I want better for her.

Anyway, I DO have a second interview scheduled now. Thursday morning.
    Oddly enough, this is the company in Portland that interviewed me extensively 6 months ago. The person they hired locally instead of me washed out. Now they're back to me and the company I went with after their rejection is dying. All kind of ironic, isn't it?

Fingers crossed.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    You will make it. I have learned more from the 'bad' stuff than I ever did from the good. One thing I found that makes life less stressful is to keep debt as low as possible. If and when tough times arrive,it is much easier to deal with. Just my 2 cents.
    You're correct. All true. Thanks for the reminders.

Luckily, we have very little debt now. Of course we now have no income for the regular bills either, but I'm praying that won't last long this time.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    I also am unemployed again. I am attempting a possible military reenlistment only with with the Army National Guard this time instead of US Army.

Is that a possibility for you? The pay is really pretty good for active guard duty.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links