Added a new member to the family.

This is a discussion on Added a new member to the family. within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Nearly a year ago I posted that I had to put down my dog Trinity. I still miss her, and think of her fondly. The ...

Thread: Added a new member to the family.

Added a new member to the family.

Nearly a year ago I posted that I had to put down my dog Trinity. I still miss her, and think of her fondly. The pain of that day still lingers, but I dwell on the good memories more and more.

For the past few months I have been thinking about getting another dog and the timing seemed right. So, yesterday we adopted a new member of our family.

I am please to introduce Juneau (named after Juneau, Alaska, where I was born...lived in AK for 21 years, 3rd generation Alaskan). He is 8 months old, already housebroken, basic command training, fixed and has a great personality and was very well cared for by his family. He is a Redbone hound/Boxer mix...a handsome dog!

Anyway, here's a few pictures of Juneau with my daughter on the floor, and our other baby Parker perched on the couch.

Sejune
    Glock 30 .45
    Springfield XD 9

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Congrats. Nice looking dog. He appears to have taken a protective interest in your daughter. That is good too.

Parker? What is his background?
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

What a great looking dog!
    It's amazing how quickly that they fit into the family.
    Congrats on the family member!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Dr- Parker is a Corgi mix. We were fostering Parker about 3 years ago, but ended up just adopting her because she fit with the family. She's actually a really good watch dog, alerting us to people at the house when they pull up in their vehicle, or if on foot, before they even knock on the door...like a 6th sense. If she barks or growls at the door more than often, there's good reason for it. She's a really good girl!
    Sejune
    Glock 30 .45
    Springfield XD 9

Congrats...Looks like you have a couple of FINE specimens there!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Good looking pup.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    Congrats. Nice looking dog. He appears to have taken a protective interest in your daughter. That is good too.

Parker? What is his background?

^^^^YEP in Bold^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    Congrats...Looks like you have a couple of FINE specimens there!
    ^^^^Indeed!!!!^^^^^

They both look as though they are/will be wonderful additions!!!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sejune View Post
    Dr- Parker is a Corgi mix. We were fostering Parker about 3 years ago, but ended up just adopting her because she fit with the family. She's actually a really good watch dog, alerting us to people at the house when they pull up in their vehicle, or if on foot, before they even knock on the door...like a 6th sense. If she barks or growls at the door more than often, there's good reason for it. She's a really good girl!
    Thanks. I thought that might be it. She looks alot like a dog we have that is Basset Hound and Bull Terrier. He really looks like he has Corgi in him but doesn't. After we got him I did a lot of research on Corgis and we decided that the next dog we get will be a Cardigan Corgi. We like long tails on dogs.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Links