New addition to the family

This is a discussion on New addition to the family within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Cooper is our 3 year old Maltese on the left in my avatar. He now has a new sister, Izzy, a Terrier mix. She showed ...

Thread: New addition to the family

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar

Cooper is our 3 year old Maltese on the left in my avatar. He now has a new sister, Izzy, a Terrier mix. She showed up on our doorstep a few weeks ago at 3 AM. Her long hair was very matted and she stunk so bad I almost gagged. We took her to the local Shelter where they kept her for 3 days, spayed her and gave her all current shots. We posted signs and the shelter said they had no calls looking for her as a lost pet. Since no one claimed her, we adopted her. We took her to the groomer and they had to give her a buzz cut to clean her up. She actually looks cute with short hair. She is house trained and loves attention.

The vet thinks she is about 3 years also. Cooper was very hesitant to share his domain with her; he is a very spoiled "only child". After a few days he realized she wasn't going anywhere, reluctantly accepted her, and now they play and romp together like they have been best friends forever.

Can't wait for cooler weather and football...when I can put a UT (Go VOL's) orange sweater on both of them.

Attachment 20382
    Proud NRA member

Cute canines...I love dogs (have a year old Irish Wolfhound in our home)...faithful companions for sure...enjoy!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Really nice little ones, their ears and alert nature could be a live saver you and your.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    It seems like they can hear a pin drop at the next door neighbors house. Cooper is a growler when he goes into high alert, then barks like he will eat you alive...all while backing up. Izzy just yaps when Cooper starts barking. She has little dog syndrome, she has the heart of a Doberman in an 8 lb body. They are a hoot to watch how they interact.
    Proud NRA member

Congrats...There is much love in those two lil bodies!!!!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Sponsored Links