Finally, a Girl!!

This is a discussion on Finally, a Girl!! within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It's been a while since I posted on here and I thought it fitting after reading some of the other threads, to put this on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally, a Girl!!

Northwest part of God's Country in Montana

Finally, a Girl!!

It's been a while since I posted on here and I thought it fitting after reading some of the other threads, to put this on here!
    We found out a week ago that we're having a girl so my Fiance won't be so outnumbered. All three of the dogs are Males, the cat is a Male and with me and the boys, she's a little outweighed. We're so excited about the girl though. My mom, the seamstress, has already made a dress for the baby and has been knitting and crocheting up a storm making booties and other stuff since she found out. It's awesome. We won't be lacking in the clothing department when the little lady finally gets here in December! Momma bounces between being happily pregnant right now and miserably pregnant. It never fails to land on the Miserable space on the wheel when I'm home from work. LOL. She is enjoying it though.
    I'm just looking forward to having this little girl. It's going to be the last child for either of us and the first grand-daughter on both sides. All the grandparents are nearly as excited as we are too!! I'm just nervous that the Ultrasound Technician was wrong when she told us the sex of the baby. I have this recurring dream that the Doctor delivers the baby and after she comes out the Doctor looks at the baby and says: "Where in the hell did this penis come from?" I think I'll crap if that happens!! *Note to self, bring a change of skivvies!!*

We just got back from 'town' (about 250-miles away) and picked up her new sidearm. She (finally) decided on a Charter Arms Lavender Lady in .38 Special. Since between the two of us we have three boys, one is hers and two are mine, she wanted something that she knew us boys wouldn't take and shoot and since I work in a prison and she worries about my security, she wanted something she could handle. Momma and I have already been looking at pink camo stuff for the baby's room and pink guns and stuff for when she gets old enough to actually shoot with us rather than just accompany us on our shooting trips!!

Sorry, not quite a 'guy' subject but I had to share the good news with someone. I see threads on here that people post about losing family members. My heart goes out to all of you who have lost loved ones, whether recent or in the distant past. I wanted to post something to brighten someones day.
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion but rather default to your level of training!

Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting!
    -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire)

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Congratulations! Babies are indeed "guy" stuff. Girl babies or boy babies, either is a miracle!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Congrats!
    Nothing beats the love between a little girl and her daddy!

(I hate to tell you this man, but your woman problems are about to 'double'.)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

GM
    It was great. Congrats !!!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    Congrats.

I have two of each, girls are special, and more trouble than the boys! Love all of them.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Senior Moderator
    Congrats
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Good thing you will be raising your daughter in a good state, grow up to be a cowgirl maybe?
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    you know how you know nothing about women now, just wait, you'll still know nothing in a few years Its worth all the trouble, if you need some help guarding the fort when shes 16, im sure we will all pitch in some ammo
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    I have two of each, girls are special, and more trouble than the boys! Love all of them.
    with two girls and three boys, I would have to agree with this...but NOTHING compares to the love of a daughter and her daddy!
    KAHR CW45, RIA 1911 Officer, S&W Sigma 9MM, Savage 1907 .32cal(BUG)

Distinguished Member
    Thanks for brightening the day! New life = miracle.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Congrats!
    Nothing beats the love between a little girl and her daddy!

(I hate to tell you this man, but your woman problems are about to 'double'.)
    ^^^Definitely what ret said.^^^^^^^^^

I should know ,I have 2 boys, 2 girls; girls in the middle of the boys.
    They are complicated.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I have two girls (6,5) and a boy (3) and I can honestly say that the girls have been significantly easier to deal so far. I hear that this changes as they approach their teenage years.
    In the Marine Corps I carried one of the standard Beretta M9 service pistols in a traditional duty holster. Now it's a 1911 in a SuperTuck. I'm glad for the upgrade.

cmb
    congrats, I have 4 girls... and we are expecting agian though we won't know gender for another month... they are all a blast, all different, emotional, they definitely get your heart... very different from boys, I have one of those too! Many blessings on your family!

Congratulations! Daughters are miracles and gray hair makers all in one lol I have 2 little girls and a head of gray. But nothing compares to a daughters lover for her daddy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links