Restoring Honor Rally (video)

This is a discussion on Restoring Honor Rally (video) within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just for the record, my honor is, and always has been very much intact. Also, since I don't follow those yahoos on that stage, especially ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Restoring Honor Rally (video)

Just for the record, my honor is, and always has been very much intact.

Also, since I don't follow those yahoos on that stage, especially the loser ex governor, it's probably someone like me they want to take America back from.

Well, they'll need more that 100,000.

I applaud them saluting the service members. That can take the rest of their message and shove it.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis50 View Post
    Just for the record, my honor is, and always has been very much intact.

Also, since I don't follow those yahoos on that stage, especially the loser ex governor, it's probably someone like me they want to take America back from.

Well, they'll need more that 100,000.

I applaud them saluting the service members. That can take the rest of their message and shove it.
    It's not about your honor. It's about our country's honor. That is one of many points. It is not about you, it is not about me... it is about us. Its about getting back to what our country was founded on. One of the best examples is;

E pluribus unum.

It is not about you. That line of thinking is a problem.

So what was the rest of the message that they can shove?
    "Just blame Sixto"

I watched the whole thing and actually enjoyed it. Although, I am not a religious person, I consider the message and the intent of the rally to be on point.

To the OP - thank you for posting the link.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Restoring "honor" in America is going to be a heck of a challenge. Glen Beck is an honorable man, and he has millions of people now thinking about how to get America back on track.
    This rally shows just how many Americans are starting to wake up.
    It is true, a heck of a challenge, but not impossible.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    The who is answered in the video. The who is you. (all of us) It is about getting back to the basics and ideals our country was founded on. We have strayed far away from it. The further we stray, the deeper the hole we dig ourselves in. That is the point.

I wish you were wrong, but unfortunately I am afraid that you are not.

"... and if you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    - Friedrich Neitzsche
    Last edited by GM; August 29th, 2010 at 09:05 PM.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Administrator
    I'm all for a debate, but be very cautious of crossing the thin line into politics or religion.
    "Just blame Sixto"

It is about me and my honor. Why? Because I am this country. "Us" is me and you and everyone else here.

So when they say "Restoring Honor", they are talking to us and I am part of that us...my response is "my honor is, and always has been very much intact."

Seven years in the U.S. Army, and presently, over twenty years as a civilian, including going to Afghanistan three times and Iraq to make sure our Pilots have the best fighting aircraft in the world. That's how intact my honor and patriotism is.

I probably have more honor and patriotism in one finger than those two have combined.

Again, I applaud them for recognizing our service members. They can take the rest of the garbage they spew and shove it.

Sir, this thread can lead me to moderater hell if I continue. I like this forum too much to let that happen.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    It's not about your honor. It's about our country's honor. That is one of many points. It is not about you, it is not about me... it is about us. Its about getting back to what our country was founded on. One of the best examples is;

E pluribus unum.

It is not about you. That line of thinking is a problem.

So what was the rest of the message that they can shove?
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

JD
    Administrator
    11 posts have been removed in an attempt to salvage this gaggle. More may be removed later.

2. While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts or PMs. Trolling, flaming, and personal attacks are strictly prohibited. You are welcome to disagree with opinions other than your own, but flaming other members will not be allowed. If you can't figure out how to compose a post without it being confrontational or a personal attack on someone, simply bite your lip and don't post it.
    The people in the video did a good job of leaving actual political opinions out, the same should be done here. The main gist of the video/gathering was to honor the troops. Leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    11 posts have been removed in an attempt to salvage this gaggle. More may be removed later.

The people in the video did a good job of leaving actual political opinions out, the same should be done here. The main gist of the video/gathering was to honor the troops. Leave it that.
    I think you're going to have a busy night. Beck is always good for some stimulating debate.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    I think you're going to have a busy night. Beck is always good for some stimulating debate.
    That's fine, there are two warnings from staff in this thread and banning people isn't that hard.

I don't agree with everything that Beck does, but I do really like his saying "say what you mean, and mean what you say".

Honor and honesty ought to be more valuable than it is.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I don't agree with everything that Beck does, but I do really like his saying "say what you mean, and mean what you say".
    Honor and honesty ought to be more valuable than it is.
    That's what my father taught me.Honor and honesty, if you don't have that, your not much of a man.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    The U.S. Park service is saying at least 350,000 people were in attendance. Don't know how well they can count tho. LOL !!! I appreciate the effort and the fact that almost 5 million dollars was raised for our servicemen and women.
    The count was an estimate by some of the park service employees. They don't do offical counts anymore.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar

Crowd size
    Crowd in front, followed by a body of water, and a building and trees in the back
    A view of the crowd looking towards the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool.

Various news organizations reported differing numbers of people in attendance.

NBC News estimated 500,000 people,[47] and NBC Nightly News host Lester Holt said "tens, perhaps hundreds of thousands".[48] MSNBC estimated "tens of thousands who stretched from the marble steps of the Lincoln Memorial to the grass of the Washington Monument."[49] ABC News estimated "hundreds of thousands of people from around the country".[50] Fox News wrote about "huge crowds" and "thousands in attendance returned home carrying a message of making America better".[51]

CBS News commissioned a crowd size estimate with aerial pictures by the company AirPhotosLive.com. The company estimated that 87,000 people attended the rally, with a margin of error of 9,000, meaning that "between 78,000 and 96,000 people attended the rally".[52] However, the CBS article says "AirPhotosLive.com based the attendance on aerial pictures it took over the rally, which stretched from in front of the Lincoln Memorial along the Reflecting Pool to the Washington Monument," apparently excluding the large crowds overflowing to the sides, which some have estimated included hundreds of thousands of people[53][54] and thus calling the estimation into question. AirPhotosLive.com based its estimation on photos taken at noon which is when they thought the rally was at its peak.[55]

The New York Post reported "an overflow crowd of 300,000 people",[56] while The New York Times reported the crowd total to be 300,000.[57] According to The Washington Post, "The crowd stretch[ed] densely back to the World War II Memorial, spilling onto the hill at the Washington Monument and onto the fields north and south of the reflecting pool."[58] A preliminary Associated Press article put the total at "tens of thousands".[59]

Beck mocked the media's reporting of attendance at the rally, saying, "I have just gotten word from the media that there are over a thousand people here today." He continued, "The reflecting pool holds about 200,000 people. This field back here holds about 250–300,000 people. They are not only full here, they're full in that field, they're full behind me, and they are now across the street approaching the Washington Monument!"[60] He later said he "heard the crowd was between 300,000 and 500,000...if that's coming from the media, God only knows."[37] When a helicopter flew over the rally when he was speaking, Beck remarked, "It must be a big crowd, because they violated the airspace to get a shot of it."[61] Beck's website later posted two aerial photographs of the event, showing the crowd extending well towards the World War II Memorial and substantial crowds on the sides.[62]

In an interview by Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday the day after, Beck said, "I can tell you that it was in the hundreds of thousands...Let's be on the low end, 300,000, and maybe as high as 650,000."[63]

Rep. Michele Bachmann, a Republican who held her own event shortly after Beck's rally, said "We're not going to let anyone get away with saying there were less than a million here today - because we were witnesses."[64]

A Time Magazine article highlighed the contention between the crowd numbers, saying "No one seems to know".

Glenn Beck's controversial 'Restoring Honor' rally on Saturday was bound to spark debate among media outlets. First order of contention: How many people were actually there? This isn't the first time that rally attendance estimates have caused debate – though it's note-worthy that if more than 250, 000 people attended, the crowd would have exceeded the one [reported as] present for King's speech.[65]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What ever the final count is, There were a lot of Americans there!!!

Wow more pictures!!!!
    http://www.glennbeck.com/content/art...cle/198/44950/
    Last edited by Pure Kustom; August 30th, 2010 at 03:14 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links