Proudest Mom Ever!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Proudest Mom Ever!!!!!!!!!! within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Very proud of this moment last week. Our twin sons left for Navy boot camp and have been there a week. Got the boxes of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proudest Mom Ever!!!!!!!!!!

Very proud of this moment last week. Our twin sons left for Navy boot camp and have been there a week. Got the boxes of their stuff day before yesterday and we have been writing daily to them. Both are Cryptology rates and will be going to Pensacola for A school after graduation. We are so proud of them!!!!!!!

They are our only kids and momma misses them already. Their 19th birthday is Friday and they will be gone for Thanksgiving and Christmas. This is very hard on me so your comments will help! Thanks.

Woman With A Gun

Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession. - George Washington

VIP Member
    You should be proud. My son isn't old enough yet, but it's gonna be a tough (and proud) day for me if he does. You and your family are in my prayers this morning.

Letters from family are highly coveted during basic. I always felt bad for the guys that came up empty on mail call.

Thank them for their service and thank you for your parenting and sacrifice.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Hang in there, I know it's gotta be hard on all of ya, especially around the holidays. Couple of fine looking young gentlemen you got there; I'm sure they'll make fine soldiers and make their family proud parents as I'm sure they already have. All you gotta do is keep the home fires burning and they'll be back soon and better and stronger men from the experience.

Take care!

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Fine looking young men...and I thank them for their service (coming soon).
    May the Lord look over them, lead them, and keep them safe!

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congratulations! You've raised fine young men! Thank them for their service to our Country.

Best of luck to you and your sons. My younger brother and I are both currently active duty Marines, we were actually both deployed to Afghanistan at the same time for about 4 months. It takes a very special kind of parent to raise children that want to serve, and who can support them while they serve. IMO, parents sacrifice almost as much as their children when they enlist. The holidays will start not to matter as much, at least the days they are celebrated won't matter. After I got back from Iraq my family celebrated New Christgivingstine's Day O'ween.

They will be fine, they will be fed, they will have a bed to sleep in (sometimes), and they will be different people when they graduate from boot camp, but it is a change for the better.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Good for them and you. They already are obviously fine young men. They will be better for the experience, and knowledge they will receive. We will keep them in our prayers, and make sure you thank them for their service for us.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

That is a great thig too hear, tell them both "THANKS FOR YOU SERVICE" for me. Be proud and stay proud for them.
    I can tell you from the experance that you and they will get through this fine. I was married on Saturday, got my draft notice on Monday,
    and 21 days after getting married I was in Fort Jackson. Five months later I was in Vietnam.
    Now, fourty-five plus year later, we are still togeather laughing about it. The being away for holiday's and such hurts some, but it will be
    better over time. Keep praying and all will be good.
    There are some good military sites that you can join and talk to other military mothers. You are NOT alone.
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

I agree, thank them both for their service! Thank you for raising honorable young men.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

I'll echo that as well, thank you for raising two more patriots to protect our country. Nice to see young men headed in the right direction taking on the responsibilities it takes to be a good soldier. Are thoughts and prayers are with your family at a tough and very proud time in your lives.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

Mom has a right to be proud! On Veteran's Day........we all have more to be proud of!

I'll tell you something.....the day I went into the service, I never thought of the impact it would have on my mother. It was something I wanted to do straight out of high school. Abandoned my summer jobs of the previous years. I had to have my parents sign for me to go in since I was only 17 years old at graduation. My birthday is in December.
    Thinking back now, (and this has never been said), but I know my mother went through the ordeal, but knew what I had to do. Mother's day is one thing. Veteran's day is another. Mother's of service members or veterans deserve a whole lot more IMO. I know more than you'd think. I married the woman of my dreams who has two of her own in service now. They're ours, and at times this takes a toll on her, and I support her in those times. Children should outlast their parents.
    Today.....I salute mothers of those in service. If it weren't for mom, none of us would be here, or we'd have never gone where we needed to go.
    I honestly think mom should get a free meal today. Lord knows I've given up a few free meals on veteran's day because of my principles. None of this would have ever come about if it weren't for mom. I'd have never been there if it weren't for her.

Thank you all and Ram Rod you brought tears to my eyes with your words. But they are good and proud tears. Their dad is a former Marine and couldn't be prouder of them. Thank you for your service - all of you!
    Woman With A Gun

Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession. - George Washington

Congrats to you and your sons!!

You must have raised them right.

Luke
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    John 3:16

NRA Life Member

Thank them for me as well! Crypto was such a fun field - I actually miss it... Even being Army I had the opportunity to serve with a lot of outstanding Sailors (and Airmen and Marines) You done good and they do look like fine young men and you have every reason to be proud of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links