Trial starts today for the murder of my 2 year old niece.

This is a discussion on Trial starts today for the murder of my 2 year old niece. within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I don't understand. Was this horse play or some sort of corporal punishment? If the latter, what kind of monster uses every humans greatest, hardwired, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Trial starts today for the murder of my 2 year old niece.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    I don't understand. Was this horse play or some sort of corporal punishment? If the latter, what kind of monster uses every humans greatest, hardwired, fear as negative reinforcement.

I'd personally rather be shot than to drown, or even be made to think I might drown. Not afraid of water, and I can swim, well, and I still fear drowning.

If this was intentional, they cannot fry him hot enough, though, I wish capital punishment were allowed to fit the crime and he was beaten and drowned, slowly.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

2. Remove Ads

We will have a jury decision on Monday.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

I remember your story on this..... and they sure left a lot out in that article. Things like this have to be the most difficult thing to deal with and to handle. We wish the family well, and justice for this guy.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

My prayers are with you, and yours. Please keep us informed

Ex Member
    It brings tears to my eyes.

Thoughts and prayers......
    Please take my posts with a grain of salt. I am frequently sleep deprived and always just on this side of "Krazy".

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by ccroom View Post
    We will have a jury decision on Monday.
    ccroom, we are all waiting on baited breath to know the outcome of the trial. Hope you are well, hope justice is served... wish there were more I could say to help make this right....
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family, may justice be swift.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

Between working as a forensic investigator for the Medical Examiner, and now as a court probation officer, I have seen way too much of these types of cases. My prayers are with your family.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

ccroom,

I remember when this happened and you posted. I can only imagine the pain then, and know it must still be very, very hard.
    I hope that there is justice as some measure of retribution for your niece's death.

May God bless you and your family.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Jury out for 9 hours yesterday 8-4 in our favor judge is sending the jury back today. My 9 year old woke up this this morning very quiet. Just standing there blank I ask what was wrong. He broke down and started to cry and tell me how much he misses Allie. He now has a sister the same age as Allie when she was killed. We had just had a baby when this happened. Trying to figure out a way to comfort him. I went through a death of a close friend when I was 15, she was struck by lightning, I was on the phone with her 2 min before it happened. It still haunts me today. My parent's didn't let me go to the funeral and I didn't get to go to her grave until I could drive myself there. We didn't take my son to the funeral by his choice. I wonder if taking him to her grave would help bring closure? I kept him home from school today. I just don't know. I don't want to make the same mistake my parents did by not helping me when I needed it most.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Talk to him ccroom, ask him what would help. Don't underestimate his ability to process, don't sell yourself short, and just be real.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Judge declared mistrial due to hung jury. DA says he will retry Donald Reeser.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    The bad thing about jury trials; the prosecutor has to convince all 12 jurors, the defense has to convince only one. Take care of your son. You know what the right thing to do is and you seem to be doing it. There are many out there who would seriously consider taking the law into their own hands. Don't do it, let the system do its work. While the system is far from perfect it does get it right more often than not. We can only hope that if justice is not handed down in this world it will in the next. Still praying for you and your extended family.

Quote Originally Posted by ccroom View Post
    Jury out for 9 hours yesterday 8-4 in our favor judge is sending the jury back today. My 9 year old woke up this this morning very quiet. Just standing there blank I ask what was wrong. He broke down and started to cry and tell me how much he misses Allie. He now has a sister the same age as Allie when she was killed. We had just had a baby when this happened. Trying to figure out a way to comfort him. I went through a death of a close friend when I was 15, she was struck by lightning, I was on the phone with her 2 min before it happened. It still haunts me today. My parent's didn't let me go to the funeral and I didn't get to go to her grave until I could drive myself there. We didn't take my son to the funeral by his choice. I wonder if taking him to her grave would help bring closure? I kept him home from school today. I just don't know. I don't want to make the same mistake my parents did by not helping me when I needed it most.
    You may want to seek some greif conseling. Everyone greives in their own way, but tend to not realize that they are doing it, or supress it because of situation, surroundings, or fear of impressions given, I'm sure that you have told him that it is OK, but sometimes, it has to come from outside.

There are alot of resources out there to turn to, I'm sure that there are some support groups around, and I know for a fact that Hospice offers grief counseling, free of charge to anyone who has lost someone, they do not have to be a patient, or terminally ill.

I'm sure that given time, his wounds will heal, as will yours, to an extent, but until then, please, for your own good and his (and anyone else affected) reach out. It isn't too late, it's never too late to find a way to help you heal. I'm sure that once justice is served, you will be able to start moving forward, but help is out there in the mean time.

If I prayed, I would pray for all of you, as it is, my thoughts are with you and your family.
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links