Defensive Carry friends, our family ordeal is finally over at last....

This is a discussion on Defensive Carry friends, our family ordeal is finally over at last.... within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yesterday, my beautiful and beloved Bride underwent surgery to remove the port through which she received the chemotherapy treatments she has been undergoing this last ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defensive Carry friends, our family ordeal is finally over at last....

Smile Defensive Carry friends, our family ordeal is finally over at last....

Yesterday, my beautiful and beloved Bride underwent surgery to remove the port through which she received the chemotherapy treatments she has been undergoing this last entire year. The surgery went very smoothly and aside from some minor post operative discomfort, she is recovering well and easily. This nightmare is finally and conclusively .... OVER. For that we have to thank the Lord for HIS blessing and guidance of the skilled surgeons and oncologists and nurses who developed the protocols that successfully treated this very aggressive and resilient cancer. We must also thank all our family and friends who did SO much for my wife and me. Stuff from making us meals to being chauffeurs to doctors appointments to holding our hands when the trepidation's made us shake. Even just the warm knowledge that you were there (regardless of wherever you were in the world) and silently pulling for us, and praying constantly meant so very much to us all. We thank God for each and every one of the people to which this has been addressed. God has placed us into your lives and you into ours for a specific reason and that reason may not yet be fulfilled, so as all of you have been there for US, rest assured we will be there for you! Because that is the true meaning of family and friendship. God gave us these things for a reason, because needs are constant and won't ever be really "over" till it's ALL over and we're safely home with HIM. So thank you dear friends and family -- thank you from the bottom of our hearts! MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

Merry Christmas and congratulations! I can only imagine how excited/relieved you and your family are! I will keep you and yours in my prayers and congratulations again!

Congratulations......continued prayers....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

OD*
    Great news, Godspeed on your wife's recovery.

A very Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Venite adoremus, venite adoremus, venite adoremus, Dominum.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Merry Christmas to you and you family. I'm glad to read that your loved one is doing well after her ordeal. May the both of you have a safe and wonderful holiday season.

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Outstanding news, Ex, very glad to hear it. Merry Christmas and a happy and HEALTHY New Year to you and yours.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Great news, one educator to another, still on my DC list.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Cool

I am glad for your wife's continued recovery and may the blessing of God be upon you both this Christmas. At this time last year I was just being released from the hospital after cancer treatment and it was the greatest Christmas present I could ever have gotten.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

That my friend, is a great Christmas present! I hope you and yours have a very merry Christmas, happy new year and many more to come.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Outstanding News! Many prayers were sent your way buddy during this time of strife. I'm glad your wife responded so well to treatment. A very Merry Christmas in your household this year. Thanks for keeping in touch with me Ex. Send your wife my best wishes buddy! Nice pictures you sent me too! Thanks a lot.

Stay safe buddy. And Merry Christmas to you and Cathy!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    My daughter had her port out this summer after waiting a year post treatment. She was worried that taking it out might "jinx" her, but afterwards it gave her a great sense that the ordeal was over and behind her, it was a great emotional lift. Hope your wife feels the same, it's always great to hear another good outcome story. Merry Christmas.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Great to hear everythings fine with the family & hope it stays that way for years to come Bless Yall ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Congratulations and I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!!!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Gods blessing to you and your family. May they continue to fall on your house and all members.

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful news! God answers prayers! Congratulations and Merry Christmas!!!
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links