A Potential New Year's Resolution in behalf of our country and our troops

This is a discussion on A Potential New Year's Resolution in behalf of our country and our troops within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If you have a "ping list" here on the board or could e-mail people you know that are patriots, could you send this out for ...

Thread: A Potential New Year's Resolution in behalf of our country and our troops

Exclamation A Potential New Year's Resolution in behalf of our country and our troops

If you have a "ping list" here on the board or could e-mail people you know that are patriots, could you send this out for this little request on behalf of all our armed forces and veterans? I was ambling around town here in Miami FL these last few days and I have noticed quite a few flags flying over businesses (one a credit union) that are old, faded and tattered. I have sort of resolved to simply remind these businesses that the flag they fly is supposed to HONOR the country and her armed forces and flying old beat up flags does the EXACT polar opposite. I went inside the business and later e-mailed the corporate chain of command. Here is the reply I received:

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We unreservedly apologize to you and your fellow servicemen for the unpleasant condition of the American Flag. It should be noted that the Branch Manager did report the issue to our Facilities Management Team, the very same day you spoke to her, for urgent attention.

Please be assured that senior management is currently taking all necessary steps to have the offensive flag replaced within the shortest time possible. We anticipate (given the holiday season) that replacement will take place within the first few days of weekending January 7, 2011.

We will keep you abreast and advised you once the flag is replaced.

Then I got a followup e-mail this evening that the flag had indeed been replaced and again asking forgiveness.

So as a sort of New Year's Resolution, ask folks you know that are patriots to take the time to really LOOK at the flags that fly over homes and businesses, especially businesses that represent the nation like Federal Credit Unions or banks or well whatever and if you see a flag that is in disgraceful shape, ask them NICELY to replace it and also not to just trash the old one but give it to the Boy Scouts or a veterans group for Honorable disposal (ritual burn).

Thanks, ExSoldier
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

An excelent idea. I shall start looking myself.
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

Respect your flag AND your military...without them you'd have no freedoms!

Thanks for the post reminder, Ex...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

Respect your flag AND your military...without them you'd have no freedoms!

Thanks for the post reminder, Ex...

That is so true!

Thank you ExSoldier for doing what you did
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    Great resolution, I agree 100%

I took this picture not too long ago...........sad, slovenly, disrespectful, apathetic.
    Attached Images
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Links