Good morning! Found myself in Memphis this morning

This is a discussion on Good morning! Found myself in Memphis this morning within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, I am finally getting around to keeping a promise to my daughter, and taking her to Graceland. I have been putting this off for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good morning! Found myself in Memphis this morning

Good morning! Found myself in Memphis this morning

Well, I am finally getting around to keeping a promise to my daughter, and taking her to Graceland. I have been putting this off for a couple of years now, and we left about 4am this morning for the 400 + mile trip. Gonna be a long day. I have been so tired of being house bound with snow and bad weather so it's really nice to get out.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    One of the coolest places to see, regardless of whether you are an Elvis fan or not. Last time I went I picked up an Elvis Xmas tree star-now that's class!
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Have fun but be careful. Memphis is not a very friendly city. Knowing you I'm sure you've got it under control. 

It's great you are getting out. Winter time can really drag you down with snow fall after snow fall. I am so ready for spring and summer. You doing this all in one day? That's quite a trip if so. I'd say you're probably staying in Memphis for the night. Enjoy your outing. Stay safe.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Have fun. Stay alert.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

tkruf, yes we are going to make it a round trip. Also, Tangle and 10thmtn, you all will be proud of me for carrying my Glock with a total of 40 rounds between the 10 rounder in the g26 and (2) 15 rounders as reloads. Also have my duty g22 with a reload in the trunk. Then the Mrs has her (my) g29 10mm, so if hat don't get us back home, we are in a total fubar sitrep.

VIP Member
    'Sitrep' - I haven't heard that term in over 20 years!

I'm sporting the G26 today as well and headed to the range (I'll be dirtying up 2 1911's, a G19 and an LCP). Be safe and have fun!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    tkruf, yes we are going to make it a round trip. Also, Tangle and 10thmtn, you all will be proud of me for carrying my Glock with a total of 40 rounds between the 10 rounder in the g26 and (2) 15 rounders as reloads. Also have my duty g22 with a reload in the trunk. Then the Mrs has her (my) g29 10mm, so if hat don't get us back home, we are in a total fubar sitrep.
    LOL! If I may - that's not the only reason I'm proud of you!

Wow, that just might get you through even a fubar!

I'm reminded of the deputy in the Clint Eastwood movie "Unforgiven" that was asked why he carried three guns since he only had one arm. He said, "I just don't won't to get killed for lack of shooting back!"

As much as I'd like to think this is the influence of 10thmtn and me on you, I suspect what it really is you are being assimilated by the dark side (Glock). I'd have to say, if one were going to be assimilated, Glock would be a good one! It's just hard to beat a Glock. I say that and I'm carrying a Sig 229R E2 right now, but thinking I ought to be carrying a Glock. Hmmm....

Hey man I hear ya on the house bound thing, we got snow too, but I could at least still get out a bit.

Hope you have a great trip and what a great thing to do with the family! Stay safe and have a safe return home!

Tangle
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Gman,
    Sounds like you're appropriately heeled, CYA.
    I was there a few years ago for a seminar and took a solitary evening stroll. Interesting to say the least.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Have a great time Gman. Again it is chilly in Florida only getting into the upper 60's today. Down into the 40's tonight. Your invitation is always open. Stay safe.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Well Glockman you're ahead of me, having been back from Iraq for a couple weeks and no job yet, I got up at 9:00 AM and still haven't found myself yet, I doubt the bourbon in the morning coffee helped

I have been to Memphis a few times but never did the Graceland thing, I enjoy hanging out on Beale Street at night.

Father-daughter trip sounds like a good time, something you'll both remember for years, make sure to get some Memphis style Bar-B-Que sandwiches while you're there.

Aren't you supposed to be carrying a G-17 this year?

Enjoy the trip.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

We are now taking the Sun Recording Studio tour. Lots of fun so far. BuckeyeLcpl, yeah I am supposed to be carryin the G17, but I have not shot it enough yet to feel 100% with it yet. So, stickin with the old faithfuls for now.

Wow, That's got to be 15 to 16 hours driving time (round trip) plus the time spent there. You be careful not to fall asleep behind the wheel on the way home. Will be a long day for you!
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Be careful, and hope you have a blast(s).
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links