Our friends had to make the hardest decision in their life today.....

This is a discussion on Our friends had to make the hardest decision in their life today..... within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; justin.jpg My wife's college roomate and her family have had their world torn apart the last five days. They have a 5 year old Matthew ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our friends had to make the hardest decision in their life today.....

Our friends had to make the hardest decision in their life today.....

justin.jpgMy wife's college roomate and her family have had their world torn apart the last five days. They have a 5 year old Matthew and a 3 year old Justin. Justin came down with the flu about 7 days ago. 5 days ago she went to check on a sleeping Justin, she had that sixth sense that something wasn't right. She returned a little while later to a lathargic 3 three year old who cound't speak correctly and was making unusual movements. She proceeded to Justin's doctor which told her to take Justin to Children's Medical Center immediately. He became uncouncious, they admitted him to the hospital. His brain began to swell. They eventually induced him into a coma. His brain would swell then go down then swell and so forth. He stabilized for about a day. Then took a turn for the worse, his brain began to swell to the point they could not measure it. At that point the blood supply was constricted and eventually developed brain damage. Eventually he was solely dependant on life support, after many tests it was determined blood flow had ceased to the brain and even if he pulled through he would be in a vegitative state. They made the decision to discontinue life support about 3:30P.M. central. The doctor's still don't know why this happened. They are leaning toward a genetic disorder triggered by the flu infection. They took a biopsy from Justin for genetic testing. I can't imaging having to do what they had to do today. Pray for Justin and his family, they are a very religious family and I know God will help them through this.
    Last edited by ccroom; January 25th, 2011 at 09:12 AM. Reason: word correction
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    They will be in my prayers, this is so sad. I hope they will find comfort in the near future.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Prayers away with Godspeed.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Oh my God, what a terrible tragedy. They will be in my prayers and my heart goes out to them. Losing a son is horrible enough, but having to lose such a young boy and having to disconnect him off life-support must've been Hell.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Just a little sick.....and then that?!? There are no real words. Prayers for that family.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

This is just awful. I've copied and pasted it into an email to those on my email list, to drum up some more prayers for this family.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    I really can't imagine the pain and sorrow as my heart goes out to the family. I linked this post' to my friend. She’s a PhD molecular biologist who studies DNA and diseases.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

They must be devastated... I certainly would be. I hope they are strong enough to recover from the horrible loss of their child. Some never do. My thoughts are with them.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

My prayers are with your friends.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

VIP Member
    Terrible, terrible news... That is absolutely the worst nightmare any parent could face; nobody should face the pain of losing a child. Your friends will be in my thoughts.

I can not imagine much their hearts must be breaking. Prayers sent that God gives them enough.

Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to hug my daughter.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I've been to a similar place. My brother and I had to decide on a DNR for our dad. As hard as that was I can't imagine how hard it would be for a parent to make this decission. My prayers go out to them.

Prayer sent for the family. May God comfort them at this time.
    For those who understand, no explanation is necessary.
    For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible.

John

Absolutely horrible. I will add them to my list.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

That is just heart breaking. I absolutely can't imagine what that family must be going through. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links