Sacrifice

This is a discussion on Sacrifice within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm headed down to Montgomery today to go through hell (some call it MEPS :smile) tomorrow and ship out to AIT. I'll be gone for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sacrifice

Sacrifice

I'm headed down to Montgomery today to go through hell (some call it MEPS :smile) tomorrow and ship out to AIT.

I'll be gone for 20 weeks...when I come back my daughter will be 10 months old. I'm going to miss 5 months of my baby's development...and 5 more months of the company of my wife.

But I know the chances of me returning home injured or in a coffin are VERY slim. Somewhere else, one of my buddies are telling his or her spouse and unborn child good bye and they are not sure how or even I they will ever return. They are going to be away for at least a year, may even miss the birth of that precious little one. At least I'll be back for my Princess' first birthday....this kind of put my situation in perspective. It's not that bad

So to all who have been sent off to foreign lands, leaving loved ones I would like to say thank-you. The words seem so hollow and lack the ability to accurately express my gratitude and pride I take in being able to be called your brother.

To the families of the men and women who have payed the ultimate price. Again, I can never express the honour and privilege it is for me to wear the uniform that they died to protect.

Thanks for reading my thoughts, as I said I don't blog and putting my thoughts down helps me greatly.

Stay safe guys
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

2. Remove Ads

Best wishes, prayers sent for you and all who serve with you.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

MEPS is a good time, you get to do the underwear olympics and all that jazz. If you aren't feeling sick before you go there, you will be when you leave.

Thank you for your commitment and the sacrifices you will be making. I am on the opposite end of things, in five months I will be buckeye_civilian.

Just don't volunteer for anything, and keep your head on a swivel.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Prayers sent, stay safe, and I hope to see you back on the sight real soon. Your family has a lot to be proud of and I would like to thank you and your family for the sacrifice you are making for the rest of us.
    I reject your reality, and insert my own.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hk45c View Post
    I'm headed down to Montgomery today to go through hell (some call it MEPS :smile) tomorrow and ship out to AIT.

I'll be gone for 20 weeks...when I come back my daughter will be 10 months old. I'm going to miss 5 months of my baby's development...and 5 more months of the company of my wife.

But I know the chances of me returning home injured or in a coffin are VERY slim. Somewhere else, one of my buddies are telling his or her spouse and unborn child good bye and they are not sure how or even I they will ever return. They are going to be away for at least a year, may even miss the birth of that precious little one. At least I'll be back for my Princess' first birthday....this kind of put my situation in perspective. It's not that bad

So to all who have been sent off to foreign lands, leaving loved ones I would like to say thank-you. The words seem so hollow and lack the ability to accurately express my gratitude and pride I take in being able to be called your brother.

To the families of the men and women who have payed the ultimate price. Again, I can never express the honour and privilege it is for me to wear the uniform that they died to protect.

Thanks for reading my thoughts, as I said I don't blog and putting my thoughts down helps me greatly.

Stay safe guys

^^^^^+1^^^^^^^+1^^^^^^^+1^^^^^^^+1^^^^^^^^+1

May God bless, and keep you safe.
    Thank you for your selflessness

I Hope this is NOT misinterpreted as de-railing the thread,

But, in your honor , and to all those who have served, and the ones who have given the ultimate sacrifice,

I submit this song and video by James Otto. Soldiers and Jesus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-apzM7YiOf8
    Some may have heard it, while others may not have. give a listen.

Again God Bless!!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

HK45C,
    Thank you for your service. I hope that all works out for you. I can say from experence that it is a tough life for a while, but you all will become somewhat used to it. May
    the Good Lord shine down on you and yours, and watch your six.
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

VIP Member
    Praying for you and your family... thank you for your service!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Thank you hk. May God bless and keep you and your family.
    Better to have and to hold, than to leave in the nightstand.....

yes thank you, our prayer are with you and the others...

Oneshot: that is very much on topic and in the spirit of my op. I heard it on the radio the other day (don't tell anyone I'm kind of a country fan lol) and was touched. Excuse the colloquialism, but that's a big tune!!!

Everyone else, thanks for the kind words, prayers and well wishes.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

God speed and good luck from a fellow brother in uniform, and have fun at MEPS, I've been through it twice!! :o) The last time I was 31 years old. Your time will be all that more precious with your family after a seperation of that length. Again good luck Bub.

J.D. SSgt, USAF
    Libertas Vel Mors

VIP Member
    'Prayed for you this morning, HK. Thank you for your service.

hk45c You hang tuff brother! This is the business we are in.... I have often hoped for peace, yet that would put me out of work.

After 19 years of AD service, i've come to the conclusion the hardest part of the job if left to those left behind. My wife's a real 'trooper' and a veteran of more than a few deployments.
    It's a sarifice certinally. Very tough definatly. Ya'll hang tough, talk as often as allowed, and be empathic to her plight, as well as your own. Ya'll will be alright me thinks.

Godspeed.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I agree with goldshell.....thank the Gods for the family support groups put in place. Thanks to you for taking the step, bigger thanks to your family for being supportive and strong.

Recon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links