Got a Mutt

This is a discussion on Got a Mutt within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; While I was signing the adoption papers yesterday they got like 3 phone calls and each time they said no she's been adopted which gave ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Got a Mutt

While I was signing the adoption papers yesterday they got like 3 phone calls and each time they said no she's been adopted which gave me a feeling they were calling about Millie.I bought her a tennis ball from petsmart,damn things got a squeaker in it,all night squeak squeak squeak
    oneshot likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

OD*
    I know what you are going through. We rescued a pup back in October and another one just three weeks ago, we bought several of the Crazy Critter stuffing free toys for them, not realizing they had a "squeaker" in each end!
    oneshot likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Distinguished Member
    Good morning, I keep checking in on the Millie thread and keep wondering about that Spiderman climbing up the fridge in your photo. Care to share any details on that? It always brings me a smile.

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    Good morning, I keep checking in on the Millie thread and keep wondering about that Spiderman climbing up the fridge in your photo. Care to share any details on that? It always brings me a smile.
    The photo I got off the internet,I thought it was funny as heck,and reminded me of role playing super heroes when I was that age,never climbed a fridge,but somehow thought that tieing a towel around my neck and jumping off the roof was a good idea
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"

Excellent! Great dog!

Congrats on a great looking 'mix'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    - Congrats. She looks really healthy & with crisp, bright, eyes.

GM
    She is beautiful. Very well done!!!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I made a huge mistake,I mowed my yard on a riding mower and put it away before I closed the gate to the backyard,I go in the house and Millie meets me and heads to the garage door that leads into the backyard so I let her out and after a couple minutes call for her,no response.Then it hit me the gates open,I went to the front door and looked out and saw movement by the neighbors mailbox across the street,whitish fur,no cars coming so I called her name and she looked up and came running to me straight into the house.I gotta be more careful,but I think she really likes her new home.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    While I was signing the adoption papers yesterday they got like 3 phone calls and each time they said no she's been adopted which gave me a feeling they were calling about Millie.I bought her a tennis ball from petsmart,damn things got a squeaker in it,all night squeak squeak squeak

What she's really saying is "take this ....ball and THROW it for me!!!!!!!!!!" bonus points if there's water involved ;)

I have a wonderful yellow Lab mix too. I just love taking him to the river for some swimming/fetching/wading together. My other dog is awesome, but not so much into "stupid" games like fetch, so sometimes I'm at a loss for what to "do" with her for fun. Labs can be a blast!
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    the dogs that arent into fetch love to be wrestled with, my 20 lb chihuahua Lady loves to wrestle and play rough with me, she also enjoys tug of war, try those with the dog who dosen't like fetch, when wrestling with them, make sure to not wear a glove or long sleeve as this can confuse your scent and the dog may bite harder
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Our Airedale loves wrestling and tug. And stealing water bottles. Sometimes not empty ones....
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    the dogs that arent into fetch love to be wrestled with, my 20 lb chihuahua Lady loves to wrestle and play rough with me, she also enjoys tug of war, try those with the dog who dosen't like fetch, when wrestling with them, make sure to not wear a glove or long sleeve as this can confuse your scent and the dog may bite harder
    She'll play tug for about 2 minutes, then I guess it gets boring too. Maybe she's just lazy. What she really loves is to go on walks. I think she would walk all day long if I had the time! 3-4 miles is NOTHING to her, but I never have the time to go much more than that.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    That is a very beautiful looking dog and she will provide you with a lot of love, loyalty and happiness for saving her life. Great deed my friend!!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

She loves playing fetch,and unlike a lot of dogs that play keepaway,she drops it and waits for you to throw it,even if your in bed,this morning I hear her coming squeak squeak squeak,jumps up on bed and drops the ball by me,I'm playing dead,after about 30 seconds she takes the ball and trys to shove it in my hand,It's gonna get real ugly if I don't get my beauty sleep

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links