Got a Mutt

This is a discussion on Got a Mutt within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by dukalmighty She loves playing fetch,and unlike a lot of dogs that play keepaway,she drops it and waits for you to throw it,even ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 52
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Got a Mutt

  1. #31
    Senior Member Array Tala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Benton, AR
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    She loves playing fetch,and unlike a lot of dogs that play keepaway,she drops it and waits for you to throw it,even if your in bed,this morning I hear her coming squeak squeak squeak,jumps up on bed and drops the ball by me,I'm playing dead,after about 30 seconds she takes the ball and trys to shove it in my hand,It's gonna get real ugly if I don't get my beauty sleep
    Yup just like mine. hehehehe I get up around 8 and kick the dogs out in the yard and go back to bed for a couple hours (if I don't have to work that is)
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #32
    VIP Member Array Eagleks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,724
    Ha, ha, ha.... my "other" dog, has flattened 3 soccer balls and 2 basketballs...... she loves squeekies.... and I think she thought they should have one in them too.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

  4. #33
    VIP Member Array dukalmighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    15,179
    Update,I think she is becoming like the friend that begged to sleep on the couch and then acts like he actually lives there,Items she discovered ain't chew toys,leather double mag pouch(old one), 1 pair of electronic ear muffs(Not Old ones)she snagged outta my range bag.She also has a case of Kennel cough that we will be seeing a vet for tomorrow
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

  5. #34
    Senior Member Array dsee11789's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    687
    Ours stole a box of .22 from my closet and dumped it out on her bed. She's also likes to steal any food that we leave on the counter. She won't touch it while we're home but as soon as we leave it's her.

    I walked out the door today. I had to come back in because I forgot something. I hadn't been gone more than 10 seconds. I opened the door and see her standing up looking on top of the counter. She quickly ran away with her tail tucked. Then she ran around the corner and came through another way wagging her tail and smiling as if I didn't see her counter-surfing.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

  6. #35
    VIP Member Array dukalmighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    15,179
    It's hard to get mad at them they are like toddlers with really short memory spans,a little earlier she seemed to thing at 40+ pounds she could crawl up in my lap
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

  7. #36
    Senior Member Array Tala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Benton, AR
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    It's hard to get mad at them they are like toddlers with really short memory spans,a little earlier she seemed to thing at 40+ pounds she could crawl up in my lap
    Yes. Perpetual toddlers. A good thing to keep in mind when teaching them, but also to tell yourself when you're cleaning up their messes. Good thing we love them so much! :D
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

  8. #37
    VIP Member Array dukalmighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    15,179
    Well she didn't have kennel cough,maybe allergies,haven't seen her gagging in at least 24 hours so must be doing better,her ears need cleaning and oral flea meds,$136.00 by the time we got out of the Vet and another $2.00 before we got past the cash registers in Petsmart for a tennis ball replacement
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

  9. #38
    OD*
    OD* is offline
    Moderator
    Array OD*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Coopersville
    Posts
    11,000

    If i didn't have a dog or cat

    I could walk around the yard barefoot in safety.

    My house could be carpeted instead of tiled and laminated.

    All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would be free of hair.

    When the doorbell rings, it wouldn't sound like a kennel.

    When the doorbell rings, I could get to the door without wading through fuzzy bodies who beat me there.

    I could sit on the couch and my bed the way I wanted, without taking into consideration how much space several fur bodies would need to get comfortable.

    I would have money, and no guilt to go on a real vacation.

    I would not be on a first-name basis with 6 veterinarians, as I put their yet unborn grand-kids through college.

    The most used words in my vocabulary would not be: out, sit, down, come, no, stay, and leave it ALONE.

    My house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates or barriers.

    I would not talk 'baby talk'. 'Eat your din'. 'Yummy yummy for the tummy'...

    My house would not look like a day care center, with toys everywhere.

    My pockets would not contain things like poop bags, treats and an extra leash.

    I would no longer have to spell the words B-A-L-L,, W-A-L-K,, T-R-E-A-T,, O-U-T,, G-O,, R-I-D-E,, C-O-O-K-I-E

    I would not have as many leaves INSIDE my house as outside.

    I would not look strangely at people who think having ONE dog/cat ties them down too much.

    I'd look forward to spring and the rainy season instead of dreading 'mud' season.

    I would not have to answer the question "Why do you have so many animals?" from people who will never have the joy in their lives of knowing they are loved unconditionally by someone as close to an ANGEL as they will ever get.

    How EMPTY my life would be!!!

    Author unknown.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

    "Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

    "There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

  10. #39
    VIP Member Array PAcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,537
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Well she didn't have kennel cough,maybe allergies,haven't seen her gagging in at least 24 hours so must be doing better,her ears need cleaning and oral flea meds,$136.00 by the time we got out of the Vet and another $2.00 before we got past the cash registers in Petsmart for a tennis ball replacement
    There are other reasons dogs cough besides canine cough (which BTW, cannot be cured. It needs to run its course because it is the dogs' version of getting a cold). Did your vet check her for heartworm? Did he take her temp? One of the signs of heartworm is coughing, actually, many heart problems can cause coughing. And also Canine Influenza Virus, or dog flu, mimics canine cough except the dog will be running a fever and in general act like it has the flu.

  11. #40
    VIP Member
    Array GunnyBunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Victoria, B.C.
    Posts
    3,987
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    I could walk around the yard barefoot in safety.

    My house could be carpeted instead of tiled and laminated.

    All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would be free of hair.

    When the doorbell rings, it wouldn't sound like a kennel.

    When the doorbell rings, I could get to the door without wading through fuzzy bodies who beat me there.

    I could sit on the couch and my bed the way I wanted, without taking into consideration how much space several fur bodies would need to get comfortable.

    I would have money, and no guilt to go on a real vacation.

    I would not be on a first-name basis with 6 veterinarians, as I put their yet unborn grand-kids through college.

    The most used words in my vocabulary would not be: out, sit, down, come, no, stay, and leave it ALONE.

    My house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates or barriers.

    I would not talk 'baby talk'. 'Eat your din'. 'Yummy yummy for the tummy'...

    My house would not look like a day care center, with toys everywhere.

    My pockets would not contain things like poop bags, treats and an extra leash.

    I would no longer have to spell the words B-A-L-L,, W-A-L-K,, T-R-E-A-T,, O-U-T,, G-O,, R-I-D-E,, C-O-O-K-I-E

    I would not have as many leaves INSIDE my house as outside.

    I would not look strangely at people who think having ONE dog/cat ties them down too much.

    I'd look forward to spring and the rainy season instead of dreading 'mud' season.

    I would not have to answer the question "Why do you have so many animals?" from people who will never have the joy in their lives of knowing they are loved unconditionally by someone as close to an ANGEL as they will ever get.

    How EMPTY my life would be!!!

    Author unknown.
    Whomever wrote this knows myself and Mrs GB very well!!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

  12. #41
    Member Array babyhulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I went in today and met her,she was sweet and even tho other dogs were barking,not a peep.
    Nice!

    Sometimes the ones that don't make a peep are the 'keepers' She was probably smart enough to know that barking wouldn't help her cause although as smart as she is, she probably knew where she was and wanted out of there ASAP!

    One of the best dogs I ever had was a mix rescue (shitzu-poodle mix) namd Cinders. Not a peep from her either, but once she walked over and began licking my pro-offered hand, I had myself my new friend!!!!

    I hope she brings you many years of happiness & blessings!
    oneshot likes this.
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

  13. #42
    OD*
    OD* is offline
    Moderator
    Array OD*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Coopersville
    Posts
    11,000
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    Whomever wrote this knows myself and Mrs GB very well!!
    Yes Sir, it hits home doesn't it?
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

    "Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

    "There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

  14. #43
    VIP Member
    Array oneshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    +42.893612,-082.710236 , Mi.
    Posts
    8,025
    Great dog duk.

    Looks like a sweetie!!

    Cool poem OD.The first line breaks me up.
    I got two dogs, 65& 80 lb. lab/dob rescue mix and a choc. lab.

    I sometimes don't want to walk around the yard with shoes on, and I usually do do-do duty once a week!!
    OD* likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

    Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

  15. #44
    OD*
    OD* is offline
    Moderator
    Array OD*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Coopersville
    Posts
    11,000
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    I sometimes don't want to walk around the yard with shoes on, and I usually do do-do duty once a week!!
    Just got in from doing that very thing, sir.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

    "Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

    "There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

  16. #45
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    44,668
    I thoroughly enjoy reading and re-reading this thread...I love dogs...certainly man's best friend.
    I am happy that this pooch is working out for ya'...great looking dog.

    Thanks for the updates...I can relate to the toys and squeakers. I also try to play dead in bed, but it doesn't work for long. Unfortunately, my Irish Wolfhound usually wants to take care of morning business about 5 A.M. ...I can set my watch by it. She is relentless in waking me, too. She does not bark, but she is big enough to lay her head on my pillow and stare at me. See watches my face like a hawk, and if I open one eye, she knows she has my attention. Then I have to get up. It's actually a funny game to wait each other out. Once in a great while, she'll go lay back down, but usually she gets her way.
    OD* and Rock and Glock like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

a si t uutt sw qaxxxxxxxx
,
barking yellow lab
,
choc lab terrier mix
,
chocolate lab found norfolk va
,
concealed carry
,
hound yellow lab mix
,
mutt mix dogs
,
powered by mybb dog biscuits
,
powered by mybb humane society
,

powered by mybb kansas humane societies

,

powered by mybb yellow lab

,
yellow chocolate lab mix
,
yellow female lab found in pa 2008
,
yellow lab
,
yellow lab mixed with yellow mutt
Click on a term to search for related topics.