Baby Brother Asked For Some Advice Today

This is a discussion on Baby Brother Asked For Some Advice Today within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My baby brother called me today and asked if I would help him buy a gun. I met him at my LGS and he fondled ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Hiram25

Thread: Baby Brother Asked For Some Advice Today

Baby Brother Asked For Some Advice Today

My baby brother called me today and asked if I would help him buy a gun. I met him at my LGS and he fondled everything in the store. He seemed to like the
    SA XD9 SC, looked at a new one for $509, but wound up getting a used one which came with Trijicon Night Sights and and three mags. He got 50 rounds of target ammo and asked when we could go shoot. I told him I wasn't doing anything later today and we went to the range after dinner. He shot his 50 rounds, ran out and got another box and shot another 50. He did real good for his first time shooting, all shots were within the target, was shooting at about a 12" circle target at 7 & 15 yards. On the way out of the range he purchased another 100 rounds and asked when can we go again? We're going again either Monday or Tuesday. He then stated he wanted to get his cc as soon as he is comfortable with the gun. He also got advised of the "RULES", all in all, a very good day!
    dukalmighty and WHEC724 like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

2. Remove Ads

good gun choice, and I think he's hooked. Pat him on the back and buy him a good steak dinner for all of us. Teach him well and get him into a shooting class if you can.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

The family that shoots together, stays together...sounds like a great day.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sounds like he had a ball, and he is hooked. Good choice on the gun, and sounds like he got a good deal on it. Surprised he didn't want to turn around and go back in the range after buying the two more boxes on the way out !
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    Cool.!!!!!

Kinda suprises me that you are a retired Trooper, and he has never been into firearms.

Good that he's cookin with oil now though.

I think he's the one who owes YOU the steak dinner!!

Okay, I pulled the pin,now what? Hey where Ya goin’ ?
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Awesome day!!!! He's fortunate to hae an older brother to introduce him to it the right way...and you're both fortunate to have something great to do together. Fun and productive. It doesn't get much better than that!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member
    Sounds like a good day. What took you so long?
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Sounds like a great day. Wish I could get my relatives into shooting. Funny, I never shot a gun until I got married. Her family were country folk and you had to shoot to be part of the family. Wr since divorced but I'm still into shooting

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Congrats your brother for me. And ditto on the training class, its worth its weight in gold.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Links