Surgery Update - Page 2

Surgery Update

This is a discussion on Surgery Update within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm very glad that your surgery went well! Make sure you take very good care of yourself now and do not try to skip any ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surgery Update

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I'm very glad that your surgery went well! Make sure you take very good care of yourself now and do not try to skip any steps in your long recovery process. Best of luck and get some rest!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

VIP Member
    Great News! Keep a positive attitude. I liked the PT after my knee replacement. It feels great to see your own improvement week by week...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Glad to hear things went better than expected.
    Proud NRA member

VIP Member
    Glad everythigs going good!!

My BIL had knee surgery a few years ago, and it seems it is all incumbant on who /which surgeon peforms surgery.
    He was up and around on crutches in a few weeks, and he bumps into a guy in a store, and turns out they had just about the same surgery.
    Guy was in a wheelchair still after 3.5 months.

Good luck, keep a good attitude, do the PT, BUT don't get over-confident and put yourself behind by going to far to fast.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

I went shooting today with a buddy out at his farm. I drove my truck, got around fine, and shot several hundred rounds through several handguns and a 22 rifle. Had a great time. I got all of the wrapping off the leg today and took a shower this evening. I feel like a new person. He said to bend it and put weight on it as I could tolerate. I'm getting along a lot better than my last knee surgery 10 years ago. I feel pretty good too. Start PT in a couple days. My wife is getting along pretty good too. She is still having some pain and can't lift or bend, but the Doc said it would take several weeks for her to get to feeling better. All in all, we're pretty fortunate.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Glad to hear the good news.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Glad to hear you had a good result... like everyone else is saying, take your time with it. Patience is the hard part.
    Anybody can get scared, but you must absolutely not let that affect your behavior. Cowardice kills. -Jeff Cooper

Good news indeed!
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links