Last carry day......

Last carry day......

This is a discussion on Last carry day...... within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; While the title is sad, it is all for a good reason. Here in the next few minutes I will be headed to the airport ...

Last carry day......

While the title is sad, it is all for a good reason. Here in the next few minutes I will be headed to the airport to start a new chapter of my life in Germany. Last week I took all but one of my weapons to an undisclosed location for storage. Today I dutifully hand that weapon to my wife to hold the fort down until she boards a plane in 2 months. It will feel weird not carrying, but it will give me a reason to up my other defenses. I have been wanting to learn a martial art and I think I will take this opportunity to learn. I will still be visiting this forum and look forward to having you all keep me in the loop.
    Please take my posts with a grain of salt. I am frequently sleep deprived and always just on this side of "Krazy".

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. Edmund Burke

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I'm sorry to hear that you have to stop carrying, but good luck in Germany; It's a beautiful country, full of friendly people. Have fun, and make sure that you go to as many "'fests" as possible.

Good luck

VIP Member
    Guns don't make you armed. Your mindset does.

Good luck and enjoy some REALLY good beer!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Distinguished Member
    Mind if I ask what prompted the move?

New job? New duty station?

Good luck. Beautiful country and culture...it sadly is marred by the images of Nazis and Communists. Most people only know it for that. Congrats, and see you when we see you.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Be safe, your only a few computer clicks away, come back often! My buddy went to Germany in the Army, loved it so much he retired over there.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I will be interested to hear updates of how life is progressing for you in Germany. I wish you safe travels and happy times.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

good luck in Germany
    i am shore you will love it

I wish you all the best in your new endeavors. Firearms are just one tool in self defense. Keep all of your other skills sharp and find ways to adapt. You'll be fine. Keep in touch and take care.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Good Luck on the start of something new. Do you want me to hold onto the gun that you left of the wife after she leaves?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    Mind if I ask what prompted the move?

New job? New duty station?

^^^^^^^Good question!^^^^^^^^^^

Are you being deployed and for some reason, are unable to communicate that at this time?
    At any rate,
    Enjoy , be safe, and hope the time is short until your wife is able to join you.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Spent two years there in the early 70s and had a great time. Be sure an get out and interact with the people. I found them to be extremely friendly for the most part. We also took the opportunity to visit a lot of places in Europe. The drive from Belgium to Switzerland down the Rhine is beautiful (plus stops at all the pubs).

Enjoy your time there.

Bob
    USMC Retired ----- Not as lean - Not as mean - Still a Marine!!!!! Semper Fi

“Man... hath by nature a power
    .... to preserve his property - that is, his life, liberty, and estate - against the injuries and attempts of other men.”
    John Locke quote

VIP Member
    Enjoy your trip to Germany, great country with history that dates back to even Roman times plus fantastic beer and some of the best chocolate you have ever tasted.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Was there twice for three years at a pop. Get out and see the country. Volksmarch every chance you get. Visit places you heard about in 5th grade history. I have walked in the same rooms in a castle that Richard the Lion Hearted was held captive in during the Crusades.
    US Army retired (1969 - 1994)
    Vietnam 1970 - 1971

Links