Dennis J. Serpi Aug. 23, 1951-April 6, 2011

This is a discussion on Dennis J. Serpi Aug. 23, 1951-April 6, 2011 within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I lost a dear friend a few days ago and am still not believing the truth..but here it is in print...so many people on the ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: Dennis J. Serpi Aug. 23, 1951-April 6, 2011

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar

Dennis J. Serpi Aug. 23, 1951-April 6, 2011

I lost a dear friend a few days ago and am still not believing the truth..but here it is in print...so many people on the list before you Dennis.....my deepest sympathies to his wife Alice and to the many friends he left behind. I promise to do my best to guard the fort....carry on Den, you have been an influence and an inspiration to me....your little bits of wisdom put a smile on my face when TSHTF and it has been an honor to call you my friend. See you later...put in a good word for me.
    -Jim

DENNIS J. SERPI

August 23, 1951 – April 6, 2011 Monroe, NY

Dennis J. Serpi, a lifelong resident of the area, passed away after a short illness from complications of bacterial meningitis at the age of 59. Son of Jack and Valerie Daggett Serpi of Sarasota, FL, he was born in Nyack on August 23, 1951.

Dennis graduated from John S. Burke High School and attended SUNY at Potsdam. He was the Owner/Operator of Master Class Shooters Supply, Inc. in Monroe and formerly of Serpi Construction.

Dennis was a life member and avid supporter of the NRA and High Mas*ter Shooter. He was on the Board of Directors for the Monroe Chester Sportsman Club and was multiple win*ner of the New York State Governors Twenty Match for 10 years running. He also served in the Army National Guard. A perfect day for Den*nis was cruising in his Corvette with his “Doll” Alice by his side.

He is survived by his loving wife of 37 years, Al*ice Hazlett Serpi; beloved mother-in-law, Jane Hazlett of Monroe; sister, Sharon Linder and dear brother-in*law, Butch of Monroe, Joanne Weiner and husband, Gordon of Ft. Myers, FL; sisters-in-law: Nora Turnbull and husband, Kevin of Warwick, Mary Schmoeger and husband, Tom of Saunderstown, RI, Sally Gordon and husband, Louie of Monroe; brothers-in-law: Artie, Bill and Neil Hazlett of Monroe, and his great buddy, Tony. He is also survived by special nieces and nephews in*cluding Brad and Kim Linder, Tom (TD), Jennifer, Jo*seph Turnbull, Michelle and Christine Schmoeger, Sa*mantha, Nicholas and Victoria Gordon, Jeff, Jon and Josh Weiner; great grandniece, Olivia and a never*ending list of loving friends. He was predeceased by his father-in-law, Cornelius Hazlett.

A Memorial Mass in celebration of Dennis’ life will be held at 10 a.m., Saturday, April 16, at Sacred Heart Church, 26 Still Rd., Monroe.

In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Dennis Serpi’s name to the Wounded Warriors Project, 4899 Belfort Road, Suite 300, Jacksonville, FL 32256.

Arrangements by Smith, Seaman & Quackenbush, Inc. Funeral Home; 845-782-8185 or www.ssqfuneral*home. com.
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Wow kinda young to pass,It just goes to show live every day like it may be your last
    oneshot likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Our prayers for yours and the family!

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by hudsonvalley View Post
    I lost a dear friend a few days ago and am still not believing the truth..but here it is in print...so many people on the list before you Dennis.....my deepest sympathies to his wife Alice and to the many friends he left behind. I promise to do my best to guard the fort....carry on Den, you have been an influence and an inspiration to me....your little bits of wisdom put a smile on my face when TSHTF and it has been an honor to call you my friend. See you later...put in a good word for me.
    -Jim
    That is the finest eulogy I have ever been honored to know; I am sorry for your loss. As an aside I pray that at least one person has the same sentiment towards me and my life upon my demise.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I knew him also,
    I hope he considered me a friend. He definately made a positive impact in My life,My Sons and my Daughters.I feel guilty I never got to say good bye to him, Last we seen him was the friday night before he went into hospital

I still here his words from the wensday night comp
    "Load and holster"
    "Holster an empty gun"
    "Bag them or box them you wont need them any more"

Untill we meet again Dennis I will miss you

Larry

It hurts to lose someone you love! Prayers for him and all who knew him!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Prayers sent.

It sounded as though he was a great steward for the shooting sports and a good firearms advocate.
    May you treasure the fond memories you have shared with him.

"When you were born you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so
    that when you die you are smiling and everyone around you is crying."
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links