My Nephew got his iPad!! With PICTURES!

This is a discussion on My Nephew got his iPad!! With PICTURES! within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; He got it yesterday. His mom just sent me the pics of him with it and I have to tell you all, he is one ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: My Nephew got his iPad!! With PICTURES!

My Nephew got his iPad!! With PICTURES!

He got it yesterday. His mom just sent me the pics of him with it and I have to tell you all, he is one happy little guy! He wouldn't go to sleep last night until he was 100% sure that is 'puter, as he calls it, was plugged in to charge and was safe and sound on his dresser. My sister-in-law says he won't let go of it today and he is already playing some games designed to help his hand-eye coordination and to help him work on his speech therapy. She says she can already tell it is going to help him a ton. This is the best thing she can think of in the world.

You guys have helped make a great little boy with autism and his mom's greatest wish come true.

Now, here are the pictures I promised! These are of Wyatt and his mom as they opened it up after it was delivered.

Click on the picture to see a larger version...

Opening the box....

She said he kept saying "My 'puter! My 'puter!".

Being very careful with it....

Hugging his iPad...he loves it

Playing a speech therapy game where a parrot says things and he repeats them

Still learning...

One happy little guy!

The case has not gotten delivered yet, tracking says sometime today. Everything else is there and working great. Again guys, I can't thank you all enough and Wayatt's mom says the same. She is over the moon happy and my Mother-in-law was actually in tears she was so happy. She actually told me that this has restored her faith in people, that a bunch of people who have never met her grandson would come together and donate to make this happen is amazing to her.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Is that an iPad 1 or 2?
    Walther PK380 - SIG Sauer P238 - Glock 19

That's looks like an iPad first gen based on thickness and I can't see a camera.

You said you were ordering straight from apple. You may wanna find out of you got the right device. Especially if you paid full price. Or did you end up getting a used model?
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

It's an iPad 1. We got a refurbed iPad 1, 64 gig 3G wifi. Not as much as a decked out iPad 2 and it will easily do everything that it needs to do for his therapy and other needs. With he extended service plan, the mondo case (Otterbox Defender) a carrying case for trips to the Doctors office and therapy and such, plus software specific for Autistic kids, with what my wife and I kicked in on top of what everyone donated, we were able to give him a really good tool to help him out.

Again, thanks to everyone who helped out and who cheered us on. This is the best site on the net. Great members.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Very nice. The 3G will be nice to keep him up and running when out and about with plenty of space for apps, music and movies.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

I think we can all safely say that no one really cared about the money. It was these pictures that we wanted to see. Glad to help Mike. There are no limits to what a group of like minded people can do.

She actually told me that this has restored her faith in people, that a bunch of people who have never met her grandson would come together and donate to make this happen is amazing to her.
    This was my favorite part. :)
    bigdog44 likes this.
    EDC: FN FNP-9 w/ three 16 rnd magazines. Mini Maglite.

" The unarmed man is not just defenseless, he is also contemptible." ~ Machiavelli.

I've donated money for several things on this site,this was by far the best
    bigdog44 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Savage206 View Post
    I think we can all safely say that no one really cared about the money. It was these pictures that we wanted to see. Glad to help Mike. There are no limits to what a group of like minded people can do.

This was my favorite part. :)
    This says it all. Giving for a young person to give them a shot at a great life is worth every penny given. I would gladly do it again to see pictures like these.
    Very cool to be part of a group of like minded hobbiest who are willing to help others.

Thanks TN Mike for posting these up. I was watching closely to see these. Made my Easter weekend.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Very cool! Seeing a happy kid is always a day brightener.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Thank you for letting us help.

You are welcome and thank you all again for helping! My Sister-in-Law tells me that he is still loving it, still taking very careful care of it and again last night made sure his iPad was "tucked in" safely in a drawer, plugged in and charging before he would get into bed himself.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

This is just awesome!!!!!! Thanks for the pics. What fun!!!!!!!!!!

I know you'd like them. Thanks for being the biggest supporter of this effort Richard. I really appreciate it.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I have an iPad as well and love it as does my son. They're a great tool for adults and children. I'm glad he enjoys it.
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler11B View Post
    I have an iPadipad 2 cases as well and love it as does my son. ipad 2 leather casesThey're a great tool for adults and children. I'm glad heiPad2 case enjoys it.

I know you'd like them. Thanks for being the biggest supporter of this effort Richard. I really appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links