GOOD---Westboro Church at vets funeral----didnt go as planned. (MERGED)

This is a discussion on GOOD---Westboro Church at vets funeral----didnt go as planned. (MERGED) within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Those Southern folks know how to play...if you really want to play....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: GOOD---Westboro Church at vets funeral----didnt go as planned. (MERGED)

Those Southern folks know how to play...if you really want to play.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

already a thread going about this. ;)

Rankin County, MS - AWESOME!!
    EDC: FN FNP-9 w/ three 16 rnd magazines. Mini Maglite.

" The unarmed man is not just defenseless, he is also contemptible." ~ Machiavelli.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo View Post
    I think you are a bit confused.
    I'm not the one that's confused.

If you check the stats, you will find that Rankin County has an extremely low crime rate. It is the neighboring county, Hinds County (where Jackson, the State Capitol is located) that has the extremely high crime rate and the really bad roads. Rankin County is a rural county full of small towns with an outstanding sheriff's department and lots of good (albeit small) police departments. Rankin County (and Madison County to the north) are where people move to get away from Hinds County.

I'm not trying to start stuff, but I don't need an explanation of where stuff is or how stuff works. I already know that. I have over 90% of one half of my family scattered in MS. I know all the counties, and what's going on there. Where are you getting you're statistics? Have you lived there? Have you visited? Or are you going whatever you read about the Sheriff's posting? I'm just curious. Everyone knows Hinds County (Jackson) has the highest crime rate in the state, and Madison County is one of the most aesthetically appealing counties in the state. Maybe I should've put "as of late" at the end of my previous post. I'm talking about very high crime rate as of late (recent news). If you're talking about all-time crime rate, yes it's low. But if you've been keeping up with recent new's it's been very high, as MOST of the crimes go unreported. (Outskirts of US-49 leading to Jackson which is still Rankin County=very high crime rates)

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nine O Four View Post
    I'm not trying to start stuff, but I don't need an explanation of where stuff is or how stuff works. I already know that. I have over 90% of one half of my family scattered in MS. I know all the counties, and what's going on there. Where are you getting you're statistics?
    I compile them on a regular basis as part of my job using the DOJ Uniform Crime Reports as well as statistics provided by the Rankin County Sheriffs Department and the various municipal police deparments in the county. I do the same for many other cities and counties in the state.

Have you lived there?
    Born and raised in MS. Started my law enforcement career in MS. I have lived in Rankin County for many years. Every day when I go to work, I try to keep it safe. I carry a badge. (Imagine opening bars from "Dragnet" here)
    Have you visited?
    Don't need to. I live here.
    However, in the interest of full disclosure...and for the record...during the time period when I didn't live here...yes, I visited.
    Or are you going whatever you read about the Sheriff's posting?
    Don't have to read what the Sheriff "posts". I get it direct.
    . But if you've been keeping up with recent new's it's been very high, as MOST of the crimes go unreported. (Outskirts of US-49 leading to Jackson which is still Rankin County=very high crime rates)
    As a resident and professional, I respectfully disagree. But all are entitled to their opinion and I certainly don't begrudge you yours.
    Respectfully,
    Gonzo
    OD* likes this.
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Yes, we can can respectfully disagree.
    I have lived there many years on two separate occasions and as a civilian who doesn't work with LEOs I know much crime isn't report, but there is more that goes on behind the scene more than you or the LEOs know. Crime is Crime. Whether it's stealing a pack of gum at a convenience store, or murdering someone in cold blood.

Just like that story in MS last year about a judge having to desegregate some schools
    Segregation in Mississippi Public Schools in 2010? - ABC News

That is old news, and it took how long for the public to pick it up? People knew about it for years but somehow no one came out and said anything about it until how many years later? My point is, us "common people" who don't work with or around LEOs know more about what's going on in our community than LEOs. And most of the crimes go unreported. But I do see where you're coming from.

People knew about it for years but somehow no one came out and said anything about it until how many years later? My point is, us "common people" who don't work with or around LEOs know more about what's going on in our community than LEOs. And most of the crimes go unreported. But I do see where you're coming from.
    I live here. It is my community. I don't drive in from somewhere else, work here, and drive back home. I am about as involved in the community (outside of my job...church, sports, volunteer work, etc) as you can get.

Respecfully, I have no idea what the link you posted has to do with the crime rate in Rankin County. I cannot see any connection at all.

Yes, we can can respectfully disagree.
    I think we shall have to do that. I do wish you well and that you remain safe and sound in Florida (a state where I have spent a lof of time, but have no knowledge of the crime stats ). Come back and visit us soon. I promise we will try our best to keep you safe and sound on your next visit to Mississippi as well. Shoot me a PM when you are visiting your family and I'll buy the first round of ice tea.

Respectfully,
    Gonzo
    HotGuns and OD* like this.
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

I live here. It is my community. I don't drive in from somewhere else, work here, and drive back home. I am about as involved in the community (outside of my job...church, sports, volunteer work, etc) as you can get.

I don't drive in from somewhere else either. I live in Mississippi (for now), but I'm a Florida resident. So I'm not an outsider.

Respecfully, I have no idea what the link you posted has to do with the crime rate in Rankin County. I cannot see any connection at all.
    I connect was showing you something as big as a segregated school system was going on in the year as 2010. As involved as you can be in your community, do you honestly think you know about 100% of the things that go on in your community? Do you guys stop and prevent crimes with 100% success? You can't possible believe that crimes go unreported or unsolved in Mississippi. Years back, I had a cousin gunned down in Rankin in broad daylight and the LEOs failed to do their job. And an uncle murder in his own home in Hinds County with all the evidence in the world and held the suspect overnight and let her walk free. Yeah I do have a little resentment towards LEOs in Mississippi in certain counties which is why I'm challenging your viewpoints. I know all aren't bad, but I can't say it's been a walk in the park either

Come back and visit us soon. I promise we will try our best to keep you safe and sound on your next visit to Mississippi as well. Shoot me a PM when you are visiting your family and I'll buy the first round of ice tea.
    Thanks but I'll take my chances with my pistol and CCW permit.
    I believe in Democracy but I'm not a Democrat
    I believe in Liberty but I'm not a Liberal
    I believe in Guns but I don't believe in Gun Violence

Yeah I do have a little resentment towards LEOs in Mississippi in certain counties which is why I'm challenging your viewpoints.
    I deduced as much.
    Thanks but I'll take my chances with my pistol and CCW permit.
    I certainly can't fault you for that logic! As far as I'm concerned, everybody ought to have one! Well, technically I don't think anybody should need a permit. But until the state decides to listen to my opinion and change the law to Constitutional carry...
    Cheers!
    Gonzo
    HotGuns and OD* like this.
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

i did not see the previous thread. Please delete this one.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    These asshats are coming here to protest a funeral this weekend.

As much as I would love to do more than just block their view, remember that the protest is a cover for this groups real job which is extortion. The "minister's" wife is a lawyer, what they do is provoke a confrontation and then sue the city for failure to protect them They also sue individuals. They then get a settlement to stop the suit and avoid costs of defense. This finances their operation.

The bottom line-as hard as it is, leave them be. The Patriot Guard Riders will make sure the family is shielded.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

GOOD---Westboro Church at vets funeral----didnt go as planned.

I wish these goofballs were from a different state. They give Ks a bad name. The folks in Rankin County have their stuff together.

retrieved from http://www.ihatethemedia.com/a-simpl...ral-protesters

Mississippi town figures out simple, effective way to stop Westboro Baptist Church funeral protest
    April 23, 2011 344 comments

This article has taken off like wildfire today, and we wish to welcome all the new readers that are stopping by for the first time. We invite you to go to our home page and take a look around. If you like what you see, subscribe to our RSS feed, or our daily email of new articles. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter. And by all means, please join in the conversations in the comments.

Brandon, Mississippi will go down in history as the town where the Westboro Baptist Church met its match.

The lunatics showed up to protest at the funeral of local hero Staff Sgt Jason Rogers who was killed in Afghanistan, but left town without making a peep. They may have made a few moans and groans, but no peeps.

Westboro Baptist is really more of an asylum than a church
    The Hayride has the righteous report:

A couple of days before, one of them (Westboro protestors) ran his mouth at a Brandon gas station and got his arse waxed. Police were called and the beaten man could not give much of a description of who beat him. When they canvassed the station and spoke to the large crowd that had gathered around, no one seemed to remember anything about what had happened.

Rankin County handled this thing perfectly. There were many things that were put into place that most will never know about and at great expense to the county.

Most of the morons never made it out of their hotel parking lot. It seems that certain Rankin county pickup trucks were parked directly behind any car that had Kansas plates in the hotel parking lot and the drivers mysteriously disappeared until after the funeral was over. Police were called but their wrecker service was running behind and it was going to be a few hours before they could tow the trucks so the Kansas plated cars could get out.

A few made it to the funeral but were ushered away to be questioned about a crime they might have possibly been involved in. Turns out, after a few hours of questioning, that they were not involved and they were allowed to go on about their business.

No lawyers. No judges. No counter protests. Just a good old fashioned ass kicking.

Thats exactly what the Westboro lunatics have been asking for, so its only fair that the good folks in Rankin County gave it to them.

Next time, put it on pay per view and make a fortune for the widows and children of the military heroes. We know wed pay to see it

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Ha! That makes my day.
    Seems there was a movie, cannot recall the name, where a town bully got his finally in much the same way; someone shot him dead instead of allowing him to bully everyone some more, and the sheriff couldn't find anyone that saw who done it, so that was that.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Distinguished Member
    Running here and here

I hate that I share the name baptist with those jokers. What bible are these people reading? Sounds like they got what was coming.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Every dog has his day. Hope this is their last. What's needed is more Sonny Barger tactics with these idiots.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links