GOOD---Westboro Church at vets funeral----didnt go as planned. (MERGED)

This is a discussion on GOOD---Westboro Church at vets funeral----didnt go as planned. (MERGED) within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by nick060200 I hate that I share the name baptist with those jokers. What bible are these people reading? Sounds like they got ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: GOOD---Westboro Church at vets funeral----didnt go as planned. (MERGED)

Quote Originally Posted by nick060200 View Post
    I hate that I share the name baptist with those jokers. What bible are these people reading? Sounds like they got what was coming.
    I'm with you on this! You'd think that there would be a way we could pull the "Baptist" out of their name for the actions they take!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

2. Remove Ads

Member Array chiefs-special-guy's Avatar
    I agree- what does harrassing the grieving families of the young heroes who gave their lives have to do with the Gospel of Jesus Christ? I think this "church" is actually just the extended family of a certified nutjob. And apparently the whole group of them are lawyers. It makes me sick to hear of their outrages. People have had it with them. The folks in Rankin county found a good way to deal with them. If decent people say "no way" and act accordingly, maybe no more families will have to deal with this crap.
    God Bless
    Six for sure...Uh, I mean Five. Five for sure..

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    We just lost a soldier locally, just made news today. I posted a link to this story on my Facebook and will post in our local papers message board as I figure they will be here next. Although I do not wish for our Leos to violate their rights, our citizens may wish to make it hard for them.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

How can anyone do this to our wonderful men and women that protects this country? I'm glad I'm not around them, cause a good old ass kicken is just what they need. And don't burn my flag while I'm around. I spent 18 months in Vietnam as a field medic, and I've held good men in my arms as they died for this flag and what they believed in. My heart aches every day for them, and I'll never, never forget. God bless our men and women and all the others that have died for "FREEDOM" The price of freedom is very cost lee. Thank God for brave men and women that stand guard every day for this country.

Distinguished Member
    Wow! As the late Paul Harvey would say, "Wash your ears out with that one!"
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

well, now we have a roadmap on how every town needs to deal with these people. I'm proud of them.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Doc View Post
    Ha! That makes my day.
    Seems there was a movie, cannot recall the name, where a town bully got his finally in much the same way; someone shot him dead instead of allowing him to bully everyone some more, and the sheriff couldn't find anyone that saw who done it, so that was that.

I this the incident you are thinking about? There were a couple of movies made about it.

Ken McElroy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by tbrenke View Post
    well, now we have a roadmap on how every town needs to deal with these people. I'm proud of them.
    +1

As a third generation military man disabled vet and retired Navy I have no sympathy for Westboro Church. I do mean 0%; I think they have no redeeming qualities whatsoever!!

Now letís talk about American values they do not extend to:

Assault and battery
    Wrongful arrest and detention
    Denial of first Amendment rights

This site is so full of patriots, I am sure you can see the disservice in this approach. Do we defend the constitutional rights of people only when we agree with them? Or do we only defend the 2nd AMD in the constitution as the rest of it is just too long to read?

As much as I hate Westboro I have to much respect for the constitution I swore an oath too and spent the bulk of my adult life defending to have sold it for an emotional self righteous and childish act.

mel
    I understand the need for freedom of speech and individual liberties. However, what I don't understand is how a bunch of morons like the Westboro group can show so little respect for those that protect those rights. I do agree with Kerby and that we don't need law enforcement to interfere with the rights of these individuals, if that was actually the case. But I do applaud the people of this community for standing up for what they believe in as well. If the people of Westboro want to protest do it in their own town!

Let me clarify my point of view; the constitution is there for a reason and the idea being we are to take self actualizing moral calculations out of decision making as it pertain to the law citizenship and public actions as it were. Democracy needs the constitution or it would boil down to MOB RULE, that is a fact without the majority will always push around everyone else.

If we look at every single example history has to show us from current nations to the Byzantine and Roman empires it is clear. If we do not protect the rights of those we disagree with sooner or later our rights will be subject to violation and no one will protect ours either…. And if we fail to protect the rights of the guilty every example shows we will also not protect the rights of the innocent.

True freedom is messy; but it is all or nothing and there has never been a half measure that worked, it may not work here either we are still in an infancy compared to the empires that came before us;
    TVJ likes this.

TVJ
    Let the public non-violently oppose Westboro. This is where the Constitutional rubber meets road.

The public has the right to oppose.

Backing trucks to block their cars - well done.

Private tow trucks failing to respond timely - well done.

Private cabs failing to take them - well done.

The concerted legal efforts of ordinary citizens coming together can take care of Westboro.

As ABHORRENT as I view Westboro and their views, the Second Amendment protects them. Yes it sucks, but I believe, we would be way worse off without the Second Amendment.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by ks kid View Post
    I wish these goofballs were from a different state. They give Ks a bad name. The folks in Rankin County have their stuff together.
    I, as a not-so-duly-appointed representative of the great state of Oklahoma to your south, would like to respectfully decline. We don't want their kind here.

Quote Originally Posted by TVJ View Post
    As ABHORRENT as I view Westboro and their views, the Second Amendment protects them. Yes it sucks, but I believe, we would be way worse off without the Second Amendment.
    I think you mean First Amendment?
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Outstanding!

Ex Member
    Those Westboro pieces of crap threatened to show up at my Nephews funeral, he was killed in Afghanistan. The fact that I am on here now is because they didn't show. There would have been more than one body there that day.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links