Little girl going to phoenix , arizona

This is a discussion on Little girl going to phoenix , arizona within the Bob & Terry's Place forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, my daughter is on the Mock Trial Team at her high school, and recently they won the state championship. So, this weekend, she is ...

Thread: Little girl going to phoenix , arizona

Little girl going to phoenix , arizona

Well, my daughter is on the Mock Trial Team at her high school, and recently they won the state championship. So, this weekend, she is boarding a plane to Phonenix to participate in the National Championship.

This is the first time she will be going somewhere that far without me there to watch out for her. I have taught her as much as I can about personal safety, she is working on her 2nd Black belt in Chinese Kenpo, she stands 5 foot 11 and weighs about 120 pounds, and can chunk a bale of hay on the top pile of the wagon, but I still will worry about her the entire time she is gone.

I cannot attend due to work obligations. I guess I am just starting to feel old...in one way I am happy to see her getting her legs under herself, but in another way I feel like I am becoming obsolete. Can anyone relate? This is a chapter in life I guess we all go through, but I would really like to skip this one.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

2. Remove Ads

They are always "Daddy's little girl!" You can't help but worry about them, it goes with the job of being a Dad.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    I really feel for guys with daughters.

I let my boy run like a wild dog, but fair or not, I can assure you that I'd feel much differently if he was a she. 'Just said a quick prayer for your daughter's safety this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I really feel for guys with daughters.

I let my boy run like a wild dog, but fair or not, I can assure you that I'd feel much differently if he was a she. 'Just said a quick prayer for your daughter's safety this weekend.
    Thanks WHEC.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Yeah, I can relate for sure. Phoenix is a good town, and she will come home safe. You've taught her well and she will be awesome.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

I looked up where the event is being held, and it's right downtown... no major worries. Lots of stuff to do, especially with the D-Backs in town for a few days, and the weather so far is mild (for the desert) - mid-90s for highs.

Next time, come on here with her and we'll get out to Rio Salado range!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Links